September 21, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Bright and colorful, our rainbow sherbet punch would be a delightful addition to any special occasion celebration. Creamy and fizzy, you’ll love the fruity flavors and the irresistible cloud of colors the sherbet creates.
Rainbow Sherbet Punch Ingredients
Rainbow sherbet punch is the perfect drink to quench your thirst and satisfy your sweet tooth all at the same time.
With its playful rainbow colors and creamy, frothy texture, one sip of this fruity delight will leave you refreshed.
- 6 ounces (½ can) of frozen limeade, thawed
- 64 ounces (½ gallon) of Hawaiian fruit punch
- 2 liters of lemon-lime soda
- 2 quarts (½ gallon) of rainbow sherbet
Substitutions And Additions
FRUIT: You can add frozen strawberries or frozen raspberries as an added garnish to this fruit punch with rainbow sherbet.
SHERBET: You can substitute strawberry or raspberry sherbets for rainbow sherbet ice cream.
LIMEADE: You can substitute thawed cherry limeade for plain limeade.
SOFT DRINKS: Instead of using a liter of Sprite or 7UP lemon-lime soda, your favorite brand of ginger ale would be an excellent option for a unique and different flavor.
ICE CREAM: For a bit more fun, add a few scoops of vanilla ice cream along with the scoops of rainbow sherbet to make a creamsicle-type punch.
ALCOHOL: You could add champagne or white rum to this fizzy drink to create a rainbow punch cocktail.
How To Make This Rainbow Sherbet Punch Recipe
This perfect party drink can be mixed up right in your punch bowl following our instructions below.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If you have a smaller punch bowl or smaller number of guests, you can cut this recipe in half for a smaller batch.
STEP ONE: Using a large punch bowl, add the 6 ounces of thawed limeade, Hawaiian punch, and lemon-lime soda.
To keep your punch cold for an extended period of time, you could freeze some orange juice or even Hawaiian Punch into ice cubes so that as it melts, the punch doesn’t get watered down.
STEP TWO: Just before serving, add the scoops of sherbet to the punch. Serve immediately.
Set up a tray of punch cups with fun and colorful rainbow straws to make your delicious drink extra fun.
How To Serve
Add a punch bowl of this tasty drink to your serving table for birthday parties, holiday celebrations, a bridal shower, or summertime gatherings.
Here’s how to prep your punch ahead of time, ready for your party.
IN THE FRIDGE: If you wanted to make your rainbow punch a couple of hours ahead of time, you can.
Just wait to pour soda in and add the sherbet until right before serving it and cover your punch bowl with plastic wrap.
You can also store any leftovers in the refrigerator, but it loses any fizz, and the sherbet melts very quickly.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend trying to freeze this punch. It needs to be made and served fresh.
Add a punch bowl of rainbow colors to your party table with this pretty rainbow sherbet punch. Everyone will love how bright and cheery it is and how sweet and fizzy it tastes.
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy sherbet punch recipe can be made a little bit ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Wait to add the sherbet until party time.
If you are having a grown-up party, you could add champagne for a boozy rainbow sherbet punch.
Any flavor would taste great in this punch. Pick your favorite flavor and enjoy the colors swirling around your punch bowl!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Sweet Peach Iced Tea
- Southern Strawberry Sweet Tea
- Strawberry Champagne Floats
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Christmas Punch
- Orange Julius
- Campfire Cocktail
- Easter Cocktail
- Wine Floats
- Wine Slushie
- Fruit Tingle Cocktail
- White Claw Slushie
- Chick Fil A Lemonade (Frosted)
- Rainbow Drink
- Jolly Rancher Drink
- Pina Colada Mocktail
- Dirty Snowmen
- Kool Aid Slushie
- Boozy Creamsicle Float
- Pineapple Cooler
- Gummy Bear Drink
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Wendy Strawberry Frosty
- Raspberry Lemonade
Rainbow Sherbet Punch
- 6 ounces frozen limeade, thawed (½ can)
- 64 ounces Hawaiian fruit punch (½ gallon)
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda
- 2 quarts rainbow sherbet (½ gallon)
- Using a large punch bowl, add the 6 ounces of thawed limeade, Hawaiian punch, and lemon-lime soda.
- Just before serving, spoon the rainbow sherbet into the punch. Serve immediately.
- If you have a smaller punch bowl or smaller number of guests, you can cut this recipe in half for a smaller batch.
- To keep your punch cold for an extended period of time, you could freeze some orange juice or even Hawaiian Punch into ice cubes so that as it melts, the punch doesn’t get watered down.
- Set up a tray of punch cups with fun and colorful rainbow straws to make your delicious drink extra fun.