February 25, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This stuffed celery gives you a tasty option for dressing up your raw celery sticks. Crisp celery is stuffed with a Ranch flavored cream cheese and mozzarella mixture for this crunchy snack or appetizer.
STUFFED CELERY INGREDIENTS
- 8 whole stalks of celery, washed and dried
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing mix
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- smoked paprika (optional garnish)
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
RANCH: You can substitute the dry ranch dressing mix for dry Italian dressing mix. Or what about using our everything bagel seasoning?
MAYO: You can substitute the mayonnaise with Miracle Whip if you prefer.
CHEESE: Any shredded cheese such as cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, or even blue cheese can be substituted for the mozzarella cheese.
TOPPINGS: You could also top the stuffed celery with crispy bacon pieces, dried/fresh parsley, chopped dill pickles, diced green olives or black olives or thinly sliced green onion.
SPICE: Add a bit of spice to your creamy mixture with a dash of hot sauce.
STUFFING: Of course, we can’t forget to mention the traditional way to serve stuffed celery filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins.
HOW TO MAKE THIS STUFFED CELERY RECIPE
Make sure to rinse your celery well and dry with a paper towel before filling them.
STEP ONE: Cut off the tops and bottoms of the celery ribs.
STEP TWO: Cut celery stalks in half. Set the stalks aside.
STEP THREE: Using a medium bowl and a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise for 1 minute.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature or you will end up with lumps in your filling.
STEP FOUR: Sprinkle the packet of ranch dressing and fresh cracked pepper over the cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
STEP FIVE: Fold in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
STEP SIX: Spoon in and spread the cream cheese mixture into the celery stalks.
If you find it is too messy or difficult to get the filling into the celery, you could spoon it into a piping bag or ziploc bag and pipe it into the celery pieces.
STEP SEVEN: Lightly sprinkle the smoked paprika over the stuffed celery stalks, if desired. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
HOW TO SERVE
Serve this celery appetizer as part of a relish tray along with carrot sticks and cucumbers at a party or as a lunch box or afternoon snack option. Just like ants on a log, it is a great way to make your celery sticks extra fun.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this cream cheese stuffed celery in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
With a yummy cream cheese filling that boasts a ton of flavor, this stuffed celery is the perfect party appetizer or afternoon snack. This recipe has plenty of options to customize your filling to suit your family’s preferences.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These can be made up to a day in advance and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can add plenty of ingredients to the filling based on your personal preferences. Bacon bits, diced pickles or olives, green onions are all great options.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Simple Sautéed Vegetables
- Zucchini Boats
- Roasted Vegetables
- Ranch Dressing
- Dill Pickle Dip
- 2 Ingredient Bagels
- 8 whole stalks celery washed and dried
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing mix
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¾ cup mozzarella shredded
- smoked paprika optional garnish
- Cut off tops and bottoms of the celery.
- Cut the stalks in half. Set the stalks aside.
- Using a medium-size mixing bowl and a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the packet of ranch dressing and fresh cracked pepper over the cream cheese mixture. Continue to mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon in and spread the cream cheese mixture into the celery stalks.
- Lightly sprinkle the smoked paprika over the stuffed celery stalks, if desired. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.