Last updated on
Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My
Lazy Cooking Bundle
This blueberry delight recipe is four delicious layers of graham cracker crust, cream cheese, cool whip, and blueberry pie filling. It’s a creamy, refreshing dessert that’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
BLUEBERRY DELIGHT INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 1 individual sleeve graham crackers (9 crackers)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 16 oz cool whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (21 oz) cans blueberry pie filling
- Optional: white chocolate bar (to make curls for topping)
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped pecans (for topping)
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
OREO CRUST: Instead of a graham cracker crust you can make a cookie crust with crushed golden Oreos. Use a package (14.3 oz) of Oreos and add them whole (with filling) to the food processor with the butter.
TOPPINGS: This recipe is fun to customize with your favorite toppings. Some popular options are crushed graham crackers or golden Oreos, white chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts, or fresh blueberries.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BLUEBERRY DELIGHT RECIPE
This delicious dessert is made up of four layers: graham cracker and pecan crust, a cream cheese and cool whip mix, blueberry pie filling, and cool whip. It’s almost a no-bake dessert — the only time you’ll need your oven is to bake the crust in the first step.
PRO TIP: It’s highly recommended to make this dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
STEP ONE: In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl stir together the melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, and graham cracker mixture until the sugar is completely absorbed.
STEP THREE: Press the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan, creating an even layer on the bottom. Bake for 8 minutes and allow it to cool completely before starting the 2nd layer.
PRO TIP: Double check that your cookie crust is completely cool before going on to your second layer. It’s important that the crust is cooled so that the following layers set properly on top of it.
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, half of the cool whip (8 oz), and powdered sugar. Spread over the crust.
STEP FIVE: Spread blueberry pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
STEP SIX: Spread remaining cool whip on top of the blueberry pie filling.
STEP SEVEN: Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
STEP EIGHT: Top with white chocolate curls and chopped pecans before serving.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store in an air-tight container and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Blueberry delight also goes by the name ‘blueberry lush’ or blueberry lasagna.’ These are all names for the same thing: a layered dessert made with cool whip, cream cheese, and blueberry filling.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 1 package graham crackers 9 crackers
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces cool whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling 21 ounce cans
- white chocolate bar to make curls for topping (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl stir together the melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, and graham cracker mixture until the sugar is completely absorbed.
- Press the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan, creating an even layer on the bottom.
- Bake for 8 minutes and allow it to cool completely before starting the 2nd layer.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, half of the cool whip (8 oz), and powdered sugar. Spread over the crust.
- Spread blueberry pie filling on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip on top of the blueberry pie filling.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Top with white chocolate curls and chopped pecans before serving.