Last updated on
Table of Contents
This blueberry delight recipe is four delicious layers of graham cracker-pecan crust, cream cheese, whipped cream, and blueberry pie filling. It’s a creamy, refreshing dessert that’s perfect to make the next time you are feeding a crowd.
BLUEBERRY DELIGHT INGREDIENTS
- 1 individual sleeve graham crackers (9 crackers)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 16-ounce tub of Cool Whip topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (21-ounce) cans of blueberry pie filling
- Optional: white chocolate bar (to make curls for topping)
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped pecans (for topping)
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
OREO CRUST: Instead of a graham cracker crust you can make a cookie crust with crushed golden Oreos. Use a package (14.3 ounces) of Oreos and add them whole (with filling) to the food processor with the butter.
TOPPINGS: This recipe is fun to customize with your favorite toppings. Some popular options are crushed graham cracker crumbs or golden Oreos, white chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts, or fresh blueberries during the summer time.
WHIPPED CREAM: You can either use a whipped topping or make your own whipped cream for the creamy cream cheese layer.
LEMON: Lemon and blueberry are such natural flavors to combine. Add a bit of lemon zest or lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture for a burst of citrus flavor.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BLUEBERRY DELIGHT RECIPE
It’s highly recommended to make this delicious dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
STEP ONE: In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped.
Instead of using a food processor, you can also put your graham crackers and pecans into a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl stir together the melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, and graham cracker mixture until the sugar is completely absorbed.
STEP THREE: Press the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan, creating an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F and allow it to cool completely before starting the next layer.
Double check that your baked crust is completely cool before going on to your second layer. It’s important that the crust is fully cooled so that the following layers set properly on top of it.
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, half of the Cool Whip (8 ounces), and powdered sugar. Spread cream cheese mixture over top of crust.
STEP FIVE: Spread blueberry pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
STEP SIX: Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the blueberry pie filling.
STEP SEVEN: Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
STEP EIGHT: Top with white chocolate curls and chopped pecans before serving.
HOW TO SERVE
For an extra indulgent treat, serve this creamy dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. This treat is so light and fluffy that it would be perfect to serve on a warm evening after a barbecued meal.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store in an air-tight container and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: This blueberry delight recipe freezes well. You should place your dessert uncovered in the freezer until solid. Then, you can cover it and return it to the freezer for up to a month before defrosting it in the refrigerator.
Blueberry delight also goes by the name blueberry lush, blueberry dream, or blueberry lasagna. These are all names for the same thing: a layered dessert made with Cool Whip, cream cheese, and blueberry filling.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This great dessert can be kept in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw in the refrigerator and serve.
You can substitute homemade pie filling if you have some on hand.
This recipe is ALMOST a no-bake dessert. You just have to bake the crust before adding the other layers.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Pumpkin Delight Dessert
- Birthday Cake Delight
- Oreo Delight
- Lemon Lasagna
- Blueberry Hand Pies
- No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 1 package graham crackers 9 crackers
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling 21-ounce cans
- white chocolate bar to make curls for topping (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl stir together the melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, and graham cracker mixture until the sugar is completely absorbed.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13-inch pan, creating an even layer on the bottom.
- Bake for 8 minutes and allow it to cool completely before starting the 2nd layer.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, half of the Cool Whip (8 ounces), and powdered sugar. Spread over the crust.
- Spread blueberry pie filling on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip on top of the blueberry pie filling.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Top with white chocolate curls and chopped pecans before serving.