October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This blueberry delight recipe is four delicious layers of buttery graham cracker-pecan crust, velvety cream cheese, whipped cream, and sweet blueberry pie filling. It’s a refreshing dessert that’s perfect to make the next time you are feeding a crowd.
Blueberry Delight Ingredients
This blueberry delight recipe offers a delectable combination of flavors and textures.
From the crunchy crust, creamy layer, and a sweet and slightly tart blueberry pie filling, all topped with airy Cool Whip, this dessert is a balance of irresistible flavors.
- 1 individual sleeve of graham crackers (9 crackers)
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese
- 16-ounce tub of Cool Whip topping, divided in half
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 (21-ounce) cans of blueberry pie filling
- white chocolate bar (to make curls for topping), optional
- ¼ cup of chopped pecans (for topping), optional
Substitutions And Additions
OREO CRUST: Instead of a graham cracker crust you can make a cookie crust with crushed golden Oreos.
Use a package (14.3 ounces) of Oreos and add them whole (with filling) to the food processor with the butter.
TOPPINGS: This recipe is fun to customize with your favorite toppings.
Some popular options are crushed graham cracker crumbs or golden Oreos, white chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts, or fresh blueberries during the summertime.
WHIPPED CREAM: You can either use a whipped topping or make your own whipped cream for the creamy cream cheese layer.
LEMON: Lemon and blueberry are such natural flavors to combine. Add a bit of lemon zest or lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture for a burst of citrus flavor.
How To Make This Blueberry Delight Recipe
Let’s walk through the steps for making each of the layers in this dessert.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
It’s highly recommended to make this delicious dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped.
Instead of using a food processor, you can also put your graham crackers and pecans into a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, a quarter cup of sugar, and graham cracker mixture until the sugar is completely absorbed.
STEP THREE: Press the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan, creating an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
Bake for eight minutes and allow it to cool completely before starting the next layer.
Double check that your baked crust is completely cool before going on to your second layer. It’s important that the crust is fully cooled so that the following layers set properly on top of it.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your crust as the suggested baking time approaches.
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, half of the Cool Whip (8 ounces), and powdered sugar.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the crust.
STEP FIVE: Spread the blueberry pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
STEP SIX: Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the blueberry pie filling.
STEP SEVEN: Refrigerate for three to four hours or overnight if possible.
STEP EIGHT: Top with white chocolate curls and chopped pecans before serving.
How To Serve This Blueberry Dessert
For an extra indulgent treat, serve this creamy dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
This treat is so light and fluffy that it would be perfect to serve on a warm evening after a barbecued meal.
A glass of iced tea complements the dessert’s fruity notes beautifully.
Storing This Recipe For Blueberry Delight
Now that you’ve indulged in the delightful creation of our blueberry delight, it’s time to ensure you can enjoy it to the fullest, even beyond the first serving.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re planning ahead for a special occasion or simply want to save time, you can prepare the blueberry delight a day in advance.
Simply follow the recipe instructions and assemble the dessert. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
This not only makes entertaining a breeze but also allows the flavors to meld together for an even more satisfying treat.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store in an air-tight container and place in the fridge for two to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: This blueberry delight recipe freezes well. You should place your dessert uncovered in the freezer until solid.
Then, you can cover it and return it to the freezer for up to a month before defrosting it in the refrigerator.
Why We Love This Recipe
FLAVOR HARMONY: This dessert offers a perfect balance of flavors. The sweet and slightly tart blueberry pie filling pairs beautifully with the creamy and tangy cream cheese layer.
VARIETY OF TEXTURES: It’s all about texture! The dessert’s layers provide a delightful contrast, from the crunchy graham cracker crust to the luscious cream cheese filling and the light and airy Cool Whip topping.
MAKE AHEAD CONVENIENCE: The convenience factor is a winner here. You can make it ahead of time, allowing the flavors to meld together for an even tastier treat. Plus, it freezes beautifully, so you can enjoy this dessert on demand, even months later.
Blueberry delight also goes by the name blueberry lush, blueberry dream, or blueberry lasagna. These are all names for the same thing: a layered dessert made with Cool Whip, cream cheese, and blueberry filling.
Frequently Asked Questions
This great dessert can be kept in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw in the refrigerator and serve.
You can substitute homemade pie filling if you have some on hand.
This recipe is ALMOST a no-bake dessert. You just have to bake the crust before adding the other layers.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Delight Dessert
- Birthday Cake Delight
- Oreo Delight
- Lemon Lasagna
- Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Strawberry Cool Whip Pie
- Vanilla Cool Whip Pie
- Sheet Pan Cobbler
- Berry Cheesecake Salad
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Delight
- Butterscotch Delight
- Apple Delight
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Banana Delight
- Blueberry Pie
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- Christmas Lasagna Dessert
- Mint Chip Dessert Lasagna
- Birthday Cake Delight
- Blueberry Hand Pies
- Chocolate Delight
- Blueberry Lemon Blondies
- S’mores Lasagna
- Mini Blueberry Pies
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Raspberry Lasagna
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 package graham crackers, (9 crackers)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, divided in half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling, (two 21-ounce cans)
- white chocolate bar, to make curls for optional topping
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, for optional topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, and graham cracker mixture until the sugar is completely absorbed.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13-inch pan, creating an even layer on the bottom.
- Bake for 8 minutes and allow it to cool completely before starting the second layer.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, half of the Cool Whip (8 ounces), and powdered sugar. Spread over the crust.
- Spread blueberry pie filling on top of cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip on top of the blueberry pie filling.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Top with white chocolate curls and chopped pecans before serving.
- It’s highly recommended to make this delicious dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
- Instead of using a food processor, you can also put your graham crackers and pecans into a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your crust as the suggested baking time approaches.
- Double-check that your baked crust is completely cool before going on to your second layer. It’s important that the crust is cooled so that the following layers set properly on top of it.