September 1, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These super cheesy Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas are oozing with a mozzarella and cream cheese filling! Lightly seasoned veggies and a perfectly grilled tortilla make these an irresistible lunch or dinner that only takes a few minutes to make. The original recipe is vegetarian, but you can easily add some chicken or shrimp for a more protein-dense meal.
SPINACH ARTICHOKE QUESADILLAS INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces (1 cup) artichoke hearts, chopped and drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 large tortillas
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Spinach: You can use kale if spinach isn’t your favorite. We recommend sauteeing kale until it’s soft.
Cream Cheese: You can use cashew/almond cream cheese. We recommend almond cream cheese as a substitute because the consistency is similar to cream cheese.
Shrimp: You can add shrimp into your quesadillas for some additional flavor. Just saute it along with your veggies.
Chicken: Who doesn’t love chicken? You can add some chicken to these quesadillas. We recommend cooking it beforehand and then adding it back into your veggie mix.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SPINACH ARTICHOKE QUESADILLA RECIPE
STEP ONE: Get a large 12 inch frying pan and place it over medium heat. Combine olive oil and cream cheese until the cream cheese has melted. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
STEP TWO: Stir in minced garlic, artichokes, and spinach. Cook until the spinach starts to shrink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
STEP THREE: Add in the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Stir until it’s melted and then remove from heat.
STEP FOUR: Get a clean and dry frying pan then place it over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan and scoop out ¼ of the spinach mixture and spread it across one half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling side and then heat it for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
PRO TIP: Flour tortillas take in a lot of oil. We recommend coating your pan with canola oil before placing the tortilla in the pan. Try not to overfill your quesadilla. We know the filling is yummy, but an overfull quesadilla won’t cook as well.
STEP FIVE: Remove from the pan and cut them into 3 triangles. Then repeat these steps with the remaining mixture and tortillas.
STEP SIX: Serve hot or warm.
PRO TIP: Dip your quesadillas in some sour cream for a tasty addition to this dinner.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store your leftovers in a sealed food storage container for 1 to 2 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze quesadillas in a freezer-safe container or bag. You can reheat them for up to 4 months, but we recommend eating them within the first 2 months for the best quality.
This yummy spinach and artichoke quesadillas recipe is full of veggies and is super easy to make (try this awesome recipe for steak quesadillas, too!) (try this awesome recipe for steak quesadillas, too!). You can make this a vegetarian dish or add in some tasty meat. You’ll want to eat them all right after you make them! But you can definitely reheat them later on.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 8 oz artichoke hearts chopped and drained (1 cup)
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 large tortillas
- In a large 12 inch frying pan over medium heat combine olive oil and cream cheese until cream cheese has melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic, artichokes, and spinach. Cook until spinach starts to shrink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in mozzarella and parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a clean and dry frying pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan. Scoop out ¼ of the spinach mixture and spread it out across one half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling side. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Cut into 3 triangles. Repeat steps with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Serve hot or warm.