October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These super cheesy spinach artichoke quesadillas are oozing with a mozzarella and cream cheese filling. Lightly seasoned veggies and a perfectly grilled tortilla make these an irresistible lunch or dinner that only takes a few minutes to make.
Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas Ingredients
You will need:
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 8 ounces (1 cup) of artichoke hearts, chopped and drained
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan
- 2 large tortillas
Substitutions And Additions
SPINACH: You can use kale if spinach isn’t your favorite. We recommend sauteeing kale until it’s soft.
CREAM CHEESE: You can use cashew/almond cream cheese. We recommend almond cream cheese as a substitute because the consistency is similar to cream cheese.
SHRIMP: You can add shrimp to your quesadillas for some additional flavor. Just saute it along with your veggies.
CHICKEN: Who doesn’t love chicken? You can add some chicken to these quesadillas.
We recommend cooking it beforehand and then adding it back into your veggie mix.
How To Make This Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas Recipe
STEP ONE: Get a large 12-inch frying pan and place it over medium heat. Combine olive oil and cream cheese until the cream cheese has melted.
This should take about 2-3 minutes.
STEP TWO: Stir in minced garlic, artichokes, and spinach. Cook until the spinach starts to shrink, about 2-3 minutes.
STEP THREE: Add in the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Stir until it’s melted, and then remove from heat.
STEP FOUR: Get a clean and dry frying pan, then place it over medium heat.
Place a tortilla in the pan, scoop out ¼ of the spinach mixture, and spread it across one-half of the tortilla.
Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling side and then heat it for one to two minutes per side or until lightly browned.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Flour tortillas take in a lot of oil. We recommend coating your pan with canola oil before placing the tortilla in the pan. Try not to overfill your quesadilla. We know the filling is yummy, but an overfull quesadilla won’t cook as well.
STEP FIVE: Remove from the pan and cut them into three triangles.
Then repeat these steps with the remaining mixture and tortillas.
STEP SIX: Serve hot or warm.
Dip your quesadillas in some sour cream for a tasty addition to this dinner.
How To Serve
For a lighter meal, serve the quesadillas with a crisp and refreshing tomato cucumber salad.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store your leftovers in a sealed food storage container for one to two days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze these vegetarian quesadillas in a freezer-safe container or bag.
You can reheat them for up to four months, but we recommend eating them within the first two months for the best quality.
These yummy spinach artichoke quesadillas are full of veggies and are super easy to make (try this awesome recipe for steak quesadillas, too!). You can make this a vegetarian dish or add in some tasty meat for a hearty meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use whole wheat tortillas, corn tortillas, or gluten-free tortillas if you have dietary restrictions or prefer a different flavor.
Either will work, but marinated artichoke hearts can add an extra layer of flavor. Just be sure to drain them well before using them.
Make sure to drain excess moisture from ingredients like spinach and artichoke hearts. Additionally, avoid overloading the quesadillas with filling, as this can make them soggy.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- 5 Best Dip Recipes
- Egg Bites
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Tuscan Chicken
- Beer Marinated Chicken
- Oven Chicken Kabobs
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Blooming Quesadilla Ring
- Cajun Shrimp
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Italian Chicken Recipe
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Coleslaw Recipe
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped and drained (1 cup)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 large tortillas
- In a large 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, combine olive oil and cream cheese until cream cheese has melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic, artichokes, and spinach. Cook until the spinach starts to shrink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in mozzarella and parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a clean and dry frying pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan. Scoop out ¼ of the spinach mixture and spread it out across one-half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling side. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Cut into 3 triangles. Repeat steps with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Serve hot or warm.
- Flour tortillas take in a lot of oil. We recommend coating your pan with canola oil before placing the tortilla in the pan. Try not to overfill your quesadilla. We know the filling is yummy, but an overfull quesadilla won’t cook as well.
- Dip your quesadillas in some sour cream for a tasty addition to this dinner.