November 7, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Valentine’s Day is a time to show our loved ones how much we care, and what better way to make your sweetheart feel special than with these delicious Valentine cookies? No matter how you plan to celebrate, these sweet strawberry cookies will add extra charm to the festivities.
Valentine Cookies Ingredients
Valentine cake mix cookies are simply divine! The perfect combination of sweetness and tartness, each bite bursts with flavor.
Biting into one is a deliciously unique experience, as you savor the moist and fluffy texture contrasted with the crunchy edges.
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box of strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- Candy hearts
Substitutions And Additions
VANILLA EXTRACT: Swap out regular vanilla extract for flavored extracts like almond, coconut, or even orange to give your cookies a distinct twist.
These substitutions won’t drastically alter the recipe but can provide a unique aroma and taste to your cookies.
NUTS: Add chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts, or almonds to your cookie dough for extra crunch and flavor.
Nuts can complement the sweetness and provide a contrast in texture.
SPICES: Experiment with different spices like nutmeg, allspice, or cardamom to give your cookies a unique flavor profile.
Spices can add warmth and depth without changing the overall character of the recipe.
How to Make This Valentine Cookies Recipe
First, you will cream together the room-temperature butter, cream cheese, egg, and vanilla.
Add the dry strawberry cake mix and beat until all of the ingredients are combined. Form the cookie dough into balls and bake.
Once ready, you’ll add fun heart-shaped candies to make your cookies festive.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Spray your cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray, and then lay the parchment paper down. The sprayed sheet helps the parchment paper stay in place.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer.
STEP THREE: Add in the vanilla extract and egg and combine.
STEP FOUR: Next, add the cake mix and stir until well blended.
STEP FIVE: Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and form it into a 1-inch ball.
An ice cream scoop or medium cookie scoop is an easy way to scoop the dough into uniform balls.
STEP SIX: Drop them into the confectioner’s sugar and roll them around until coated.
STEP SEVEN: Place them about two inches apart on the baking sheet.
STEP EIGHT: Bake cookies for 10 to 13 minutes.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your Valentine’s cookies at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
STEP NINE: Once the cookies come out of the oven, place the candy hearts on top and let them cool for about five minutes.
How To Serve
Valentine’s Day calls for indulgence, and what better way to treat your sweetheart than with a decadent spread of flavorful Valentine’s cookies?
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
Make these sweet cookies ahead of time and pop them in the freezer, ready for Valentine’s Day.
MAKE AHEAD: These Valentine cookies can be prepared ahead of time to save you some hassle on the day you plan to serve them.
Once your cookies have cooled completely, place them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
Be sure to layer parchment paper between the cookies to prevent them from sticking together.
Store them at room temperature for up to two days or in the fridge for up to five days.
Just remember that freshly baked cookies are always a treat, so consider making them as close to serving time as possible.
ON THE COUNTER: These sweet treats can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store the cookie dough in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
IN THE FREEZER: The dough can also be put in the freezer for up to three months in either a Ziploc bag or an airtight container.
Label the container with the baking instructions so that you have them on hand.
The baked cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month. To thaw the cookies, take them out overnight.
Why We Love This Recipe
DELICIOUS FLAVOR: These Valentine cookies are bursting with the combination of rich chocolate and sweet, buttery goodness.
FESTIVE APPEARANCE: With their heart-shaped design and vibrant red and pink sprinkles, these cookies are a perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
EASY TO MAKE: The step-by-step instructions make it easy for anyone to create these adorable and tasty cookies.
If you’re looking for a special way to say “I love you,” let us suggest baking Valentine cookies! Not only are these treats easy to make, but they are also bursting with delightful strawberry flavor and are finished off with sweet candy hearts on top.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I found these fantastic cookies work with any brand of cake mix.
You can store these delicious strawberry cake mix cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days for maximum freshness.
After letting them cool, you can place them in a freezer bag and freeze them for up to a month.
I also like to scoop the cookie dough balls and put them in a baking tray in the freezer. Once frozen, I transfer the balls of dough into a freezer bag. This way, I can bake a few cookies at a time to enjoy fresh-baked cookies.
Yes, you can. I recommend pre-scooping the strawberry cookie dough into an airtight container. Then you can store the dough in the fridge for up to one week until you are ready to bake a batch of cookies.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Roll
- Strawberry Pie
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
- Strawberry Fluff
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 15.25 ounces strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Candy hearts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add in vanilla extract and egg and combine.
- Next, add the cake mix and stir until well blended.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and form it into a 1-inch ball.
- Drop them into the confectioner’s sugar and roll them around until coated.
- Place them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 13 minutes.
- Once they come out of the oven, place candy hearts and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
- Spray your cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray, and then lay the parchment paper down. The sprayed sheet helps the parchment paper stay in place.
- An ice cream scoop or medium cookie scoop is an easy way to scoop the dough into uniform balls.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your Valentine’s cookies at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Coffee Cookies
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Secret Kiss Cookies
- Molasses Cookies
- Orange Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Maple Cookies
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Cookies
- Coconut Cookies
- Marshmallow Cookies
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Strawberry Sheet Cake Cookies
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies
- Eclair Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies