May 9, 2023Review Recipe
Crescent Roll Taco Bake
Table of Contents
Our crescent roll taco bake reimagines taco night in the best, most delicious way. A creamy, cheesy ground beef mixture is nestled into crescent roll pastry that bakes up into a golden brown, flaky crust for a scrumptious meal that the entire family will gobble up.
Crescent Roll Taco Bake Ingredients
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- ½ cup of water
- 3 packages of crescent roll dough
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 cups of Mexican cheese
Check out our homemade taco seasoning recipe instead of store-bought taco seasoning. Using 3 tablespoons of the homemade version is equivalent to one taco seasoning package.
Substitutions And Additions
CHEESE: If you prefer to use a different cheese than the Mexican blend, you can change it up if you’d like. Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack would be a great fit for this recipe.
MEAT: Ground pork, ground chicken, or ground turkey are also great ideas in this easy dinner recipe.
TOPPINGS: Add all of your favorite taco toppings, such as black olives, green chiles, green onions, jalapeños, and diced tomatoes.
How To Make This Crescent Roll Taco Bake Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can assemble this recipe the day before and then bake before serving.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
STEP TWO: In a large skillet, cook beef at medium-high heat, and drain any grease. Add the taco seasoning mix and water, and simmer for two minutes.
Ground beef can be cooked ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months. This is a great time saver when you want to whip up this recipe quickly.
STEP THREE: Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
STEP FOUR: Add crescent dough in a single layer along the sides and bottom of the pan. Squish together each dough triangle at the seams so there aren’t any gaps. Reserve 4 to 6 crescents for the top of the casserole.
STEP FIVE: Mix the salsa, sour cream, and cheese into the seasoned ground beef. Once mixed, pour into the casserole dish on top of the crescent rolls.
STEP SIX: Fold the crescents over and place the remaining crescents on top of the meat mixture.
STEP SEVEN: Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Serve with extra sour cream, salsa, lettuce, or other favorite toppings.
How To Serve
Enjoy this easy crescent taco bake alongside a green salad or our Spanish rice.
Don’t forget to add all of your favorite toppings, including salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, so that everyone can customize their serving of this yummy Mexican casserole.
For more casserole ideas, check out our ground beef casserole.
Our taco pie and taco lasagna are two more easy recipes that are an unusual take on our beloved tacos.
MORE MEXICAN DISH RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: This taco casserole recipe will keep in the fridge for up to two days.
IN THE FREEZER: If you’d like to store leftovers of your taco bake for longer, you can keep it in an airtight container for up to three months.
I love food mash-ups that take favorite foods and combine them to make over-the-top unique dishes. This crescent roll taco bake is the perfect recipe for when you have that taco craving but want to add something a little different.
The ultimate slice of deliciousness, it will deliver you that flavorful taco taste wrapped in a flaky pastry crust that can’t be beat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This crescent roll taco bake freezes well and can be kept in the freezer for up to three months.
You could replace the crescent dough that is pre-cut into triangles with sheets of crescent dough for this recipe. You may need to cut it to fit properly into your pan, but it will still give you the same great flavor.
This easy crescent taco bake can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. Pop it into the oven right before dinner time for a hot and bubbly meal.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Taco Bake
- Baked Burritos
- Cheesy Beef Quesadillas
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Chicken Casserole
- 30 Minute Chicken Chimichanga
- Pineapple Salsa
- Garlic Knots from Crescent Rolls
- Chicken and Shrimp Tacos
- Smothered Pork Chops
Crescent Roll Taco Bake
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 3 packages crescent rolls
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook the ground beef, and drain any grease. Add the taco seasoning and water, and simmer for two minutes.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add the crescents in a single layer along the sides and bottom. Squish together at the seams so there aren’t gaps. Reserve 4 to 6 crescents for the top of the casserole.
- Mix the salsa, sour cream, and cheese into the seasoned ground beef. Once mixed, pour into the casserole dish on top of the crescent rolls.
- Fold the crescents over and place the remaining crescents on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with extra sour cream, salsa, lettuce, and/or your favorite toppings.
- You can assemble this recipe the day before and then bake before serving.
- Ground beef can be cooked ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months. This is a great time saver when you want to whip up this recipe quickly.
Our family loves this recipe!
Absolutely Amazing ! The Combination Just Goes So Good Together !