September 13, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This Big Mac salad takes a fast-food favorite and puts a different spin on it. All the irresistible traditional Big Mac flavor is combined in one bowl, including a special sauce, fresh tomatoes, cheese, crisp lettuce, and ground beef to create this tasty salad recipe.
Big Mac Salad Ingredients
This salad takes all the flavors of the classic sandwich and transforms it into a fresh, crisp, and undoubtedly delicious dish.
Imagine crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, tangy pickles, and onions paired with tender beef patties and drizzled with thousand island dressing.
Every bite is a flavor explosion, a perfect balance of savory, salty, and tangy notes.
- 6 cups of chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1½ pounds of extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1½ cups of shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup of diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced red onion
- ½ cup of diced dill pickles
- Thousand Island salad dressing
Substitutions And Additions
PICKLES: You can substitute sweet pickles for the dill pickles in this recipe.
ONIONS: You can substitute sliced, or diced, sweet yellow onion for the red onion.
SESAME SEEDS: You can add toasted sesame seeds for the sesame seed bun and a little bit of added protein and crunch.
CHEESE: Cheddar cheese would also taste delicious in this Big Mac cheeseburger salad recipe.
TOMATOES: If you don’t have Roma tomatoes on hand, you could substitute them with grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes.
How To Make This Big Mac Salad Recipe
Once you brown the beef in a pan, you can assemble the rest of this delicious salad right in the bowl. Here’s how.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can batch cook ground beef ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer to make this recipe even quicker to assemble. Brown ground beef over medium-high heat, drain and let cool before storing in a Ziploc bag.
STEP ONE: Add the chopped lettuce to an extra-large serving bowl.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the cooked ground beef over the lettuce.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle the shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced onion, and diced dill pickles over the ground beef. Toss to combine.
You can also serve the basic salad with the toppings in separate bowls so that everyone can adjust the amount of each topping they’d like to add to their salad.
STEP FOUR: Drizzle as much or as little Thousand Island dressing as you like over the top of the salad. Serve immediately.
How To Serve
Serve your Big Mac burger bowls for a quick lunch, or make it a fun dinner with this meal salad and a side of French fries. The whole family will love the great flavor of these salad bowls and think they are taking a bite out of a Big Mac sandwich.
Storing This Big Mac Bowl
To make this salad extra easy to make, you can prepare all of the ingredients ahead of time and store them separately, ready to assemble at mealtime.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this delicious salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
IN THE FREEZER: We do not recommend freezing this deconstructed burger salad. The veggies will become soggy, and you want this to be a nice crisp salad when you enjoy it.
MAKE AHEAD: Do your meal prep ahead of time and store all the components for this Big Mac bowl recipe in separate containers in the fridge, ready to assemble during the week for lunch.
Satisfy your fast food cravings with this cheeseburger salad recipe. All the flavors of a Big Mac, including cheese, fresh veggies, Big Mac sauce, and even the burger patty, are combined to turn this classic burger into a delicious Big Mac salad.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy Big Mac salad recipe is very flexible. You can add or subtract any of the toppings you’d like to make this a customized salad.
Ground chicken, ground turkey, or ground pork would all work well in this salad recipe.
If you’d like to make this salad ahead of time, you can prepare the components and store them in separate containers in the fridge. Assemble it right before you are ready to enjoy it. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to two days.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- Tomato Sandwich
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- The Best Burger
- Broccoli Salad
- Refrigerator Pickles
- Zinger Burger
- Cheeseburger Pie
- Caesar Salad
- Onion Burger
- Layered Taco Salad
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad
- Grilled Ham and Cheese
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Creamy Pasta Salad
- 5 Cup Salad
- Caesar Pasta Salad
Big Mac Salad
- 6 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1½ pounds very lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1½ cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup diced dill pickles
- Thousand Island dressing
- Add the chopped lettuce to an extra-large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the cooked ground beef over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced onion, and diced dill pickles over the ground beef. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle as much or as little dressing as you like over the top of the salad. Serve immediately.
- You can batch cook ground beef ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer to make this recipe even quicker to assemble. Brown ground beef over medium-high heat, drain and let cool before storing in a Ziploc bag.
- You can also serve the basic salad with the toppings in separate bowls so that everyone can adjust the amount of each topping they’d like to add to their salad.