January 12, 2024Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- Million Dollar Bacon Ingredients
- Million Dollar Bacon Substitutions and Additions
- How To Make This Million Dollar Bacon Recipe
- How To Serve Million Dollar Bacon
- Candied Bacon Recipe Storage Tips
- Why This Million Dollar Bacon is the Best
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Favorite Breakfast Dishes
- JUMP TO RECIPE
Indulge in our irresistible million dollar bacon – a delectable candied bacon recipe that’s a true crowd-pleaser. With a perfect blend of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors, this dish is sure to elevate your breakfast or brunch experience.
Million Dollar Bacon Ingredients
In this recipe, brown sugar takes the spotlight, creating the candied coating on the bacon.
Fresh cracked black pepper adds a subtle heat and balances the sweetness, while cayenne pepper introduces a smoky kick, enhancing the flavor profile.
Thick-cut bacon is the ideal choice to provide a substantial base that can hold up to the coating, while a drizzle of maple syrup adds a luscious glaze.
- ½ cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper or chipotle powder
- 1 pound of thick-cut bacon
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
Million Dollar Bacon Substitutions and Additions
BROWN SUGAR: You can substitute the brown sugar with coconut sugar or honey. This change will impart a unique flavor while reducing the overall sweetness.
BLACK PEPPER: Adjust the amount of black pepper to suit your spice preference. If you love a spicier kick, increase the quantity slightly.
CAYENNE PEPPER: Customize the heat level by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper or experimenting with different chili powders for a smoky twist. Red pepper flakes will add a hint of spice for those that like a little extra heat.
MAPLE SYRUP: While real maple syrup adds a classic touch to this easy recipe, you can explore variations using honey, agave nectar, or even a flavored syrup like cinnamon-infused maple syrup.
How To Make This Million Dollar Bacon Recipe
It’s easy to make this billionaire bacon recipe, and you may not ever go back to classic bacon again. This will be your new favorite way to enjoy bacon in the oven! Here’s how to prepare it:
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil. I used both heavy-duty foil and parchment paper.
Generously spray a cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray.
For best results, you’ll want to be sure to use a rimmed baking sheet so nothing spills into your oven.
STEP TWO: Add the brown sugar, fresh cracked black pepper, and cayenne pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine completely.
STEP THREE: Lay the bacon strips in a single layer on top of the prepared wire rack.
STEP FOUR: Spoon the brown sugar mixture over one side of the bacon.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
When spooning the brown sugar mixture onto the bacon, aim for an even coating. This ensures every bite is packed with flavor and sweetness.
STEP FIVE: Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then rotate the pan and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the bacon is browned to your liking.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your bacon as the suggested cooking time approaches.
STEP SIX: Remove the bacon from the oven. Immediately drizzle the maple syrup over the slices of bacon.
Allow the bacon to rest on the baking rack for ten minutes before transferring to a serving plate and serving.
I do not recommend placing the bacon on paper towels, as it will stick to the towels.
How To Serve Million Dollar Bacon
Enjoy million dollar bacon as a decadent breakfast treat with soft scrambled eggs or sheet pan eggs, fresh tomatoes, and buttered toast.
Elevate your brunch game by serving this candied bacon alongside a fluffy Dutch baby or waffles drizzled with additional maple syrup. A bloody Mary would be the perfect addition as well!
Create a delightful appetizer by wrapping million dollar bacon around chunks of melon for a sweet and savory flavor contrast.
Use the crispy bacon as a unique topping for salads, adding a burst of flavor and texture to your greens.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
Candied Bacon Recipe Storage Tips
We have a few handy tips for storing your leftover bacon for later.
MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare the brown sugar mixture in advance and store it in an airtight container at room temperature. When ready to use, simply coat the bacon and bake.
IN THE FRIDGE: Leftover millionaire’s bacon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the oven for a few minutes to regain its crispiness.
IN THE FREEZER: To freeze, place individual cooked bacon slices on a baking sheet until frozen solid, then transfer to a freezer bag. It will keep for up to three months.
Reheat in the oven or microwave.
REHEATING: To reheat, place bacon in a 350°F oven for five to seven minutes or microwave for 20-30 seconds until warm and crispy.
Why This Million Dollar Bacon is the Best
PERFECT BALANCE: This recipe strikes an impeccable balance between sweet and savory, creating an explosion of flavors with each bite.
CROWD PLEASER: Whether you’re serving it to your family or at a gathering, million dollar bacon is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that leaves everyone craving more.
UNIQUE TWIST: It introduces a unique twist to traditional bacon, making it a conversation starter at any meal.
Million dollar bacon combines the sweet allure of brown sugar with the subtle heat of black pepper and cayenne. Take your dining experience to the next level with this easy yet elegant candied bacon recipe, and prepare to be amazed by its irresistible flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thick-cut bacon works best for this millionaire bacon recipe, but you can use regular bacon; just keep an eye on the baking time.
Light brown sugar is recommended for a milder flavor, but you can use dark brown sugar if you prefer a stronger molasses taste.
Experiment with spices like smoked paprika, garlic powder, or cinnamon to create unique flavor profiles.
While it won’t have the same texture, you can use turkey bacon for a leaner option with a slightly different flavor.
Generously spray the cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Absolutely! You can omit the spicy element for a sweeter, milder version of million dollar bacon.
More Favorite Breakfast Dishes
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Bundt Cake
- Breakfast Crescent Ring
- Sheet Pan Breakfast
Million Dollar Bacon
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or you can substitute chipotle powder
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil. I used heavy-duty foil and parchment paper. Generously spray a cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the brown sugar, fresh cracked black pepper, and cayenne pepper to a small mixing bowl (3-4 cups) and stir to combine completely.
- Lay the strips of bacon in a single layer on top of the prepared cooling rack.
- Spoon the brown sugar mixture over one side of the bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is browned to your liking.
- Remove the bacon from the oven. Immediately drizzle the maple syrup over the bacon. Allow the bacon to rest on the rack for 10 minutes before transferring to a serving plate and serving. I do not recommend placing the bacon on paper towels, as it will stick to the towels.
- When spooning the brown sugar mixture onto the bacon, aim for an even coating. This ensures every bite is packed with flavor and sweetness.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your bacon as the suggested cooking time approaches.