May 11, 2023Review Recipe
Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug
Table of Contents
You’ll love the dense, moist texture and intense peanut butter flavor of this peanut butter cake in a mug. It’s the perfect solution when a sweet craving strikes, and the possibilities are endless for topping this easy dessert to make it even more decadent.
Peanut Butter Cake In A Mug Ingredients
This decadent mug cake combines the nutty flavors of peanut butter with the moist and fluffy texture of the cake.
It only takes a few minutes in the microwave, and you can indulge in a warm and delicious snack that is perfect for any time of day.
- 4 tablespoons of self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter (+ 1 tablespoon for optional garnish)
- 3 tablespoons of whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of salted sweet cream butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Substitutions And Additions
PEANUT BUTTER: You can substitute crunchy peanut butter for the creamy in this mug cake.
FLOUR: You can substitute 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and ¼ teaspoon of baking powder for the self-rising flour.
BUTTER: You can substitute vegetable oil for melted butter in this simple cake.
CHOCOLATE: Either mixed in or added on top, chocolate chips or peanut butter chips make this mug cake recipe even more decadent.
TOPPINGS: There are plenty of ways to customize your tasty cake. Add peanut butter chips, whipped cream, a drizzle of hot fudge sauce, and a maraschino cherry on top of the cake.
How To Make This Peanut Butter Cake In A Mug Recipe
This is one of the easiest ways to make a cake! You only need a mug to mix up and enjoy this treat. Our step-by-step instructions below will walk you through making your mug cake.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Double the recipe to share this rich cake with a friend. Microwave cakes one at a time if you are making more than one.
STEP ONE: Add the flour and granulated sugar to a 14-ounce microwave-safe mug. Stir to combine.
Using a wider and shorter cup works best and makes it easier to scoop out your cake.
STEP TWO: Add the peanut butter, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate completely.
STEP THREE: Microwave cake for 1 minute 30 seconds to 1 minute 45 seconds (the time needed to cook the cake will vary depending on your microwave).
Keep a close eye on the cake while it’s in the microwave and cook it until the center is just set.
STEP FOUR: Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before serving. While the cake is cooling, you can dollop 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of the cake. The heat from the cake will melt the peanut butter. You can gently spread the peanut butter over the top of the cake to completely cover the surface.
How To Serve This Mug Peanut Butter Cake
It’s perfectly fine to enjoy this delicious peanut butter treat on its own, but you could also turn it into an even more indulgent dessert by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth.
A refreshing glass of iced tea, strawberry lemonade, or Orange Julius is perfect to wash your individual cake down.
Peanut butter lovers won’t be able to resist these peanut butter brownies, and these peanut butter cookie cups are absolutely addictive bite-size treats.
MORE MUG CAKE RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE/FREEZER: This easy peanut butter mug cake does not reheat well, so we don’t recommend trying to store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
In just minutes and a few simple ingredients, you’ll have this amazing peanut butter cake in a mug to enjoy. Who would have thought it would be so easy to whip up a delicious piece of cake without spending loads of time in the kitchen?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This decadent treat does not reheat well, and we don’t recommend trying to store it in the fridge or freezer for any length of time.
A 14-ounce microwave-safe mug is just the right size for this easy treat
While we haven’t tried this, we think it would be delicious to use cashew butter or almond butter to make this perfect treat.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Dump Cake
- Chocolate Poke Cake
- Cherry Dr Pepper Cake
- Hershey’s Chocolate Cake
- Carrot Cake Recipe
- Lunch Box Cake
- Campfire Chocolate Cake
- Disneyland Peanut Butter Squares
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
- Banana Cake
- Neapolitan Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake
- Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers Dipped in White Chocolate
- Butter Cake
- Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- Kentucky Butter Cake
Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour,
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, optional garnish
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons salted sweet cream butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the flour and granulated sugar to a 14-ounce microwave-safe mug. Stir to combine.
- Add the peanut butter, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate completely.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds to 1 minute 45 seconds (the time needed to cook the cake will vary depending on your microwave).
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before serving. While the cake is cooling, you can dollop 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of the cake. The heat from the cake will melt the peanut butter. You can gently spread the peanut butter over the top of the cake to completely cover the surface.
- Double the recipe to share this rich cake with a friend. Microwave cakes one at a time if you are making more than one.
- Using a wider and shorter cup works best and makes it easier to scoop out your cake.
- Keep a close eye on the cake while it’s in the microwave and cook it until the center is just set.
Yummy recipe and for a topping I would use crushed peanut butter girl scout cookies!!
Karen Parker says
I would like the cruncy peanut butter
this sounds like a wonderful dessert
Candy Scribner says
This sounds delicious! I would use creamy peanut butter and add some Hersheys cocoa powder also! Can’t wait to try it!
What toppings would you use for this recipe?
- I’d melt down peanut butter cups and pour that on top.
I love mug cakes at work. So easy to do. (we have a small stocked kitchen at work)
Absolutely trying this at work.
Load More Comments