October 30, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Nothing quite compares to the delightful combination of light and creamy textures accompanying perfectly sweetened strawberry preserves found in this strawberry mousse. With its succulent strawberries and cream flavor, this cloud-like dessert will definitely hit the spot!
Strawberry Mousse Ingredients
If you’re a fan of sweet, creamy delights, then you’re in for a treat with strawberry mousse.
With its velvety texture and refreshing fruity flavor, this dessert is a perfect way to indulge any time of the year.
Whether for a dinner party or a midweek treat, the lightness of the whipped cream and the sweetness of the berries combine to create a dessert that is truly irresistible.
- 3-ounce package of strawberry jello
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup of ice-cold water
- 16 ounces of Cool Whip
- 1½ cups of strawberry preserves (we used Smucker’s strawberry preserves)
- Extra whipped cream, for garnish
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
Substitutions And Additions
FLAVOR: You can make this delicious dessert with any combination of jello and preserves.
Try peach jello and peach preserves or blackberry jello and preserves. You can even make three different flavors for a fun dessert table with lots of variety.
TOPPINGS: Get creative with your toppings! Instead of whipped cream, try a dollop of Greek yogurt for a tangy contrast.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves for a burst of color and aroma.
How To Make This Strawberry Mousse Recipe
This recipe is as easy as layering the strawberry preserves in each individual glass, followed by the creamy mousse mixture. Let the mousse chill before serving.
STEP ONE: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the strawberry jello and the boiling water. Whisk until the jello is completely dissolved.
STEP TWO: Add the ice water and mix until all of the ice is melted, and the gelatin mixture has cooled down to room temperature.
STEP THREE: Whisk in the Cool Whip until there are no streaks, and everything is well combined. Set aside.
STEP FOUR: In six 8-ounce serving glasses, place one-quarter cup of strawberry preserves in the bottom.
Top the strawberry preserves with the strawberry mousse mixture. Refrigerate for at least two hours but preferably overnight to ensure the mousse has set fully.
You could also make this strawberry mousse in small ½-pint mason jars with lids so you can take your dessert on the go.
STEP FIVE: Just before serving, top your creamy strawberry mousse with additional whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries.
Make sure to give your mousse enough time to set so that you have the perfect, fluffy texture.
How To Serve a Recipe for Strawberry Mousse
This creamy dessert is the perfect light treat for hot days when you are craving a little something sweet, but don’t want anything heavy.
Storing this Quick Strawberry Dessert
Here’s a handy guide on how to store your mousse, whether you’re planning to make it ahead, have leftovers, or want to savor it at a later date.
MAKE AHEAD: After it has set in the refrigerator for the recommended time, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or a lid.
Keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. It’s best to consume it within 24 hours of making it to maintain its texture and flavor.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftover strawberry mousse in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. This delicious treat is best enjoyed within three days.
IN THE FREEZER: Freezing is not recommended for this easy strawberry mousse recipe because it can cause the mousse to release water when defrosted.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time since it is already individually portioned. Make the mousse up to three days ahead of time and grab a dish for a quick and easy snack.
Why We Love This Recipe
LIGHT AND REFRESHING: This strawberry mousse is a delightful, light dessert that’s perfect for those moments when you crave something sweet but not overly heavy.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: With just a handful of straightforward ingredients, including fresh strawberries, sugar, and whipped cream, this recipe keeps things simple and accessible.
VIBRANT STRAWBERRY FLAVOR: The star of the show here is undoubtedly the fresh strawberries. Their natural sweetness and vibrant flavor shine through in every bite, creating a burst of summery goodness that’s hard to resist.
This quick and easy strawberry mousse is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. The light and airy texture melts in your mouth and is a great way to finish off a meal where you don’t want a dessert that’s too heavy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These strawberry mousse cups should be served straight from the refrigerator.
You can make this delicious mousse a couple of days in advance and hold off on topping it with whipped cream and fresh strawberries until you are ready to serve it. Freezing is not recommended because it can cause the mousse to release water when defrosted.
We used 8-ounce serving glasses. For a two-bite dessert, you can also use 8-ounce mason jars or smaller glass yogurt jars. You can even use shot glasses and mini dessert spoons for this fluffy mousse.
More Easy Strawberry Recipes You’ll Love
Strawberry Cake Recipes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake
- Strawberry Roll Cake
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
- Strawberry Angel Food Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- 3 ounces strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1½ cups strawberry preserves (we used Smucker's strawberry preserves)
- Extra whipped cream, for garnish
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberry jello and the boiling water. Whisk until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add the ice water and mix until all of the ice is melted, and the mixture has cooled down to room temperature.
- Whisk in the Cool Whip until there are no streaks and everything is well combined. Set aside.
- In 6 (8-ounce) serving glasses, place ¼ cup of strawberry preserves in the bottom. Top the strawberry preserves with the strawberry mousse mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight to ensure the mousse has set fully.
- Just before serving, top the mousse with additional whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- This is a great recipe to make ahead of time since it is already individually portioned. Make the mousse up to three days ahead of time and grab a dish for a quick and easy snack.
- You could also make this strawberry mousse in small ½-pint mason jars with lids so you can take your dessert on the go.
- Make sure to give your mousse enough time to set so that you have the perfect, fluffy texture.
More Easy Recipes
- Strawberry Tres Leche Cake
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake
- Cream Puff Dessert
- Blackberry Pie Bars
- Jello Salad
- Cream Horns
- Campfire Dessert Pizza
- Cool Whip Cookies
- Peach Bread Pudding
- Jello Divinity
- Strawberry Sheet Cake Cookies
- Strawberry Fluff
- Peach Pretzel Salad
Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Delight
- Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Curd
- Strawberry Shortcake Brownies
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- Strawberry Cobbler
Crisp, Cobbler and Crumble Recipes
- Best Peach Cobbler
- Blackberry Cobbler
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
- Blackberry Crumble
- Peach Crisp Recipe
- Peach Cobbler Pound Cake