Using ravioli instead of traditional lasagna noodles, this cheesy ravioli lasagna is baked to ooey gooey perfection. Ground beef is perfectly seasoned before being layered with spaghetti sauce, frozen ravioli and plenty of cheese. Serve it with our Caeser salad and cheesy pull-apart bread.
Lasagna lovers, make sure you also check out our easy lasagna casserole as well as our classic lasagna recipe. They’re both reader favorites. Or make Instant Pot lasagna – it’s way easier (and faster) than you think!
This simple, delicious ravioli lasagna (sometimes called million dollar lasagna) is the perfect quick dinner for busy nights. There is almost no prep and the result is an amazing, cheesy, homemade meal that is full of flavor with only a handful of staple ingredients.
Ravioli Lasagna Ingredients you will need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 24-oz jar spaghetti sauce (or make your own tomato sauce)
- 25-oz bag of square frozen ravioli
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
One of the best parts about making a recipe from scratch is that you can switch up the ingredients. I LOVE this ravioli lasagna recipe just the way it is, but you can also try some other variations:
MEAT: Add Italian sausage or pork to the ground beef or you can even substitute the ground beef for ground pork or ground turkey.
CHEESE: Add ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, or cream cheese in between the layers. Or substitute smoked provolone or fontina cheese for additional flavors
SAUCE: Add a little alfredo sauce to the mix to make it even creamier. Fresh/canned mushrooms or fresh/frozen spinach also make great additions to the marinara sauce. For a zesty kick, add crushed red pepper flakes.
FRESH VS FROZEN: Substitute the frozen ravioli for fresh ravioli.
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
In a medium skillet brown the ground beef with the garlic and Italian seasoning. Drain excess fat.
Reserve 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce and set aside. Add the remaining sauce to the browned ground beef. Stir and heat through.
Before you start layering, be sure to spray your casserole dish with cooking spray so nothing sticks while baking.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- You do not need to boil the ravioli before making this dish.
- Count out your ravioli into three piles so you know exactly what you have to work with for each layer.
- If some of your frozen ravioli are stuck together you can microwave them for 10-15 seconds, enough to pull them apart
In the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish, spread ½ cup of the reserved spaghetti sauce. Make sure to always start any lasagna with a layer of sauce on the bottom!
Now begin the layering:
First: Using one-third of the ravioli make a single layer over the sauce and top with half of the ground beef.
Second: Sprinkle with ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
Third: Make a single layer of the ravioli over the cheese.
Repeat: Top with the rest of the ground beef and sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella cheese. Place the final one-third of the ravioli on top. Top with remaining ½ cup of reserved spaghetti sauce and remaining one cup of mozzarella cheese.
Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and the casserole is bubbling around the edges.
PRO TIP: You can also bake this covered in foil if you’d like — just make sure to remove at the end so the cheese has a chance to get browned a little on top!
You can assemble this ahead of time and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to bake. It would also make a great meal to give to a friend or neighbor.
Can You Freeze Ravioli Lasagna?
Yes, you can freeze ravioli lasagna! You can do this several ways:
- Prep and store in a throw-away foil container (perfect for freezer cooking or giving away)
- Use a freezer safe casserole dish with a lid or wrap tightly with foil
- Freeze individual slices of leftovers for quick and simple meals later <- you can warm them up in the microwave!
NOTE: If you’re reheating an entire pan of frozen lasagna, you’ll want to bake for about 20 minutes (or until heated through) at 350 degrees.
I hope you’ll enjoy this delish ravioli lasagna recipe with your gang soon!
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 24- ounce jar spaghetti sauce divided
- One 25 ounce bag of square frozen ravioli divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- Garnish with chopped parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet brown the ground beef with the garlic and Italian seasoning. Drain excess fat.
- Reserve 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce and set aside. Add the remaining sauce to the browned ground beef. Stir and heat through.
- In the bottom of a 9x13 pan spread ½ cup of the reserved spaghetti sauce.
- Now begin the layering. First using one-third of the ravioli make a single layer over the sauce.
- Next top with half of the ground beef.
- Next, sprinkle with ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Next, make a single layer of the ravioli over the cheese.
- Top with the rest of the ground beef.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the final one-third of the ravioli on top.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of reserved spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and the casserole is bubbling around the edges.
- Garnish and serve.