Last updated on
Table of Contents
Monster cookies are Frankenstein’s monster of the cookie world – a mashup of peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&Ms. This recipe is different from other monster cookie bites or balls because these cookies also have a yummy layer of chocolate on the top!
NO BAKE MONSTER COOKIES INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 6 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons of quick cooking oats, pulsed in food processor
- 1½ cups quick oats, not pulsed in the food processor
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 10 tablespoons of miniature M&Ms, divided
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Quick Cooking Oats: You can use old-fashioned oats instead, but the cookies won’t be quite as soft as if you use quick-cooking oats
Chocolate Chips: As these will be melted, you could use regular chocolate broken into pieces rather than chocolate chips
Miniature M&Ms: If you can’t get hold of the mini M&Ms, you could use the full-size ones instead
Sugar: The brown sugar makes this recipe softer and moister, but it’s fine to just use white sugar if that’s what you have. Honey would be another good alternative to sugar
Peanut Butter: Other nut butter such as almond butter or cashew butter would be a good substitute in this recipe if needed
HOW TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE MONSTER COOKIES RECIPE
STEP ONE: Line an 8-inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the peanut butter and mix well.
PRO TIP: Make sure your butter is room temperature and not melted, otherwise it won’t blend with the sugars properly.
STEP THREE: Place six tablespoons of cooking oats into a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
PRO TIP: If you don’t have a food processor, you can use six tablespoons of all-purpose flour instead of oats.
STEP FOUR: Add the ground oats (or flour) to the large mixing bowl with the sugar and peanut butter mixture. Add the vanilla and salt.
STEP FIVE: Slowly add one and a half cups of oats and a half cup of M&Ms to the mixture, stirring as you go.
STEP SIX: Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
STEP SEVEN: Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is smooth, spread it over the cookie dough mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining two tablespoons of M&Ms.
STEP EIGHT: Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or until set. Cut into squares and serve.
PRO TIP: Make sure you don’t skip the refrigeration step. The cookie bars need time to set and it will make them much easier to cut once chilled.
HOW TO SERVE
These fun treats would be great for an after-school snack. Add a nice, cold glass of milk or a fun Wendy’s frosty to drink. For the adults, serve them with our iced tea, raspberry iced tea, sweet peach iced tea, or our southern strawberry sweet tea on the side.
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store these monster cookie bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
IN THE FREEZER: Monster cookies freeze well for up to three months in an airtight container. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
No-bake monster cookie bars are such easy treats to make – this is the perfect recipe for kids and adults to make together. Loaded with oats and peanut butter, these monster cookie bites are great for a high-energy snack as well as a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
These no-bake monster cookie energy bites are perfect for customizing with your favorite mix-ins. Try chia seeds, flax seeds, or coconut.
These monster cookies will freeze well stored in an airtight container for up to three months.
We have not tried making them this way but I can’t see why you couldn’t scoop them onto a baking sheet as energy balls or flattened into cookies and chilled instead.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Lasagna Soup
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
No Bake Monster Cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons quick cooking oats pulsed in food processor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats not pulsed in the food processor
- 10 tablespoons miniature M&M's divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Prepare an 8-inch baking dish by lining it with either foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add in the 6 tablespoons of quick cooking oats (pulsed in food processor), vanilla, and salt. Slowly add the 1½ cups of oats. Fold in ½ cup of M&M’s.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is smooth, spread it over the cookie dough mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of M&M’s.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares.