November 2, 2021Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Who says pie has to be hard; not this Cool Whip pie! This delightful dessert is so easy to make, and the best part is that it only takes a few minutes and boasts a dreamy filling that is made of creamy pudding, velvety cream cheese, and Cool Whip.
COOL WHIP PIE INGREDIENTS
- 1 (9-inch) premade chocolate pie crust
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.9-ounce) box chocolate instant pudding mix
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 1 (8-ounce) container of Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed (+ ½ cup optional garnish)
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
TOPPING: Depending on the time of year, you can customize your toppings for this easy recipe. Top with fresh fruit or frozen fruit, chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, etc. Fresh strawberries or blueberries would be lovely in the summer while pumpkin spice would be ideal for the fall.
PIE CRUST: This delicious pie has plenty of flexibility as to what crust you use. Chocolate crust, Oreo pie crust, graham cracker pie crust, or a regular homemade pie crust all work well in this no-bake pie recipe.
PUDDING: Change up the flavor of pudding in this easy dessert and you can enjoy a different variety each time. Try strawberry Cool Whip pie, vanilla Cool Whip pie, or butterscotch Cool Whip pie.
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you can’t get Cool Whip, you can use our whipped cream recipe to make your own.
HOW TO MAKE THIS COOL WHIP PIE RECIPE
This recipe needs to chill in the fridge for about 8 hours before it is ready to serve. This is a great recipe to make the day before so that it is ready when you need it.
STEP ONE: Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, until smooth.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t have lumps in your creamy filling.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle in the pudding mix and continue mixing for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, until well combined.
STEP THREE: Add the marshmallow fluff and continue mixing just until incorporated.
STEP FOUR: Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
STEP FIVE: Evenly spread the Cool Whip mixture into the premade crust, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
If your pie crust is in a foil tin, we’d recommend sitting it inside a glass pie plate to give it a bit more stability.
STEP SIX: Just before slicing, add the ½ cup thawed Cool Whip to the center of the pie. Slice and serve immediately.
HOW TO SERVE
This easy pie recipe is perfect for a hot summer day or a holiday party. If you want to make it even more decadent, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and an iced tea or whipped hot chocolate on the side.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store this chocolate pudding pie in the fridge covered in plastic wrap for up to four days.
This perfect dessert would be a welcome treat during the summer months or for special occasions and family gatherings year-round. Full of creaminess from the pudding, cream cheese and Cool Whip, this heavenly treat is so easy to make and such a yummy dessert.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This great recipe is best made ahead since it needs to chill in the fridge for about 8 hours before serving it.
If you would prefer to make your own cookie crust you certainly can. Crush graham crackers or chocolate cookies in a food processor to give you 1½ cups of crumbs before combining with 5 tablespoons of butter and baking at 300°F for 10 minutes.
This recipe is very flexible. You can change up the flavor of the pie depending on the flavor of pudding you use.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Cool Whip Pie
- 1 premade chocolate pie crust (9-inch)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8-inch)
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix (3.9-ounce)
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 1 container Cool Whip whipped topping thawed (8-ounce)
- ½ cup Cool Whip whipped topping optional garnish
- Using a medium sized mixing bowl and a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, until smooth.
- Sprinkle in the pudding mix and continue mixing for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, until well combined.
- Add the marshmallow fluff and continue mixing just until incorporated.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Evenly spread the Cool Whip mixture into the premade crust, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Just before slicing, add the ½ cup thawed Cool Whip to the center of the pie. Slice and serve immediately.