October 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Sweet, salty, buttery, and chocolatey, these chocolate peanut butter Ritz cookies are the sweet and salty treat you’ve been dreaming of! With just four ingredients and no baking, they’re super-easy and great fun to make.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies Ingredients
- 60 Ritz crackers
- 1½ cups of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Substitutions And Additions
RITZ CRACKERS: If you don’t have Ritz crackers, you could use Keebler Club crackers or Saltine crackers instead.
SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS: To make this Ritz sandwich recipe vegan, switch the dairy chocolate for any vegan chocolate.
Block chocolate is fine to use instead of chocolate chips, as the chocolate will be melted anyway.
If you would prefer to make these with a different type of chocolate chip, you could try dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or even white chocolate chips as a tasty alternative.
COARSE SEA SALT: If you love salty snacks, you could add a tiny sprinkle of sea salt flakes to the top of each cracker just before the chocolate sets.
How To Make This Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookie Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
These chocolate peanut butter Ritz crackers are so yummy and freeze so well, they would be perfect to give as gifts or as part of a cookie exchange. Make a double batch and tuck some away in the freezer for later.
STEP ONE: Line an 18×13-inch baking sheet with wax paper. Place thirty Ritz crackers onto the paper, face down, and evenly spaced.
STEP TWO: In a small mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter and the powdered sugar until smooth.
STEP THREE: Spoon one tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into the center of each cracker. Don’t spread it.
STEP FOUR: Put another cracker, face-up, on top of the peanut butter.
Press down gently until the peanut butter filling is close to the edge but not spilling out.
STEP FIVE: Place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator for twenty-five minutes.
Refrigerating helps to firm up the peanut butter. If you’re in a hurry, five minutes in the freezer will do the trick.
STEP SIX: Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Be sure to stir every 30 seconds until they are completely melted.
STEP SEVEN: Remove the Ritz peanut butter cookies from the refrigerator. Dip each sandwich cookie into the melted chocolate, using a fork to flip it over before returning it to the tray.
Use the fork to tap each cookie on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate and keep your cookies looking neat.
STEP EIGHT: Return the tray of cookies to the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes more. When the chocolate coating is set, they’re ready to be enjoyed!
How To Serve These Ritz Cracker Treats
Storing Ritz Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
IN THE FRIDGE: Ritz cookies with peanut butter and chocolate will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. Just pop them in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: Ritz cracker cookies freeze well for up to three months.
Once the chocolate has set, transfer them to an airtight container or Ziploc bag and pop them into the freezer. Defrost at room temperature or in the fridge.
Now that you’ve discovered this recipe for chocolate peanut butter Ritz cookies, there’ll be no looking back. The sweet and rich chocolate perfectly complements the salty crackers and the nutty peanut butter center. This is a treat that you’ll want to make again as soon as the first batch has been devoured!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This no-bake cookie recipe could be made with any buttery cracker that you are able to get at the grocery store.
You could replace the peanut butter with almond, sunflower, or cashew butter for these sandwich cookies.
You sure could add sprinkles! Just add them once you dip your cracker sandwiches in chocolate before the chocolate sets.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Crockpot Cocktail Links
- Meatball Parmesan
- Turkey Tenders
- Butterscotch Delight
- Peanut Butter Ball
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- Butterscotch Fudge
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- No Bake Cookies with Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Apple Pie Cookies
- Homemade Nutter Butters
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Applesauce Cookies
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Spritz Cookie Recipe
- Sheet Pan Cobbler
- Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers Dipped in White Chocolate
- Eclair Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Funfetti Cake Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Rocky Road Cookies
- Chocolate Turtles
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies
- 60 Ritz crackers
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 18×13 sheet pan with wax paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter and the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Evenly space 30 Ritz crackers face down. This will be the bottom of the cookies.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into the center of the cracker. Do not spread the peanut butter to the edges.
- Place the “top” cracker, face up. Gently press the cracker down, just until the peanut butter is close to the edge of the crackers, but not dripping over the edge.
- Refrigerate the cookies on the tray for 25 minutes. This helps firm up the peanut butter mixture.
- In a medium-sized heat-safe bowl, combine 2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- In the microwave, heat the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time, stirring well after each interval, until the 2 cups of chocolate chips are melted.
- Add the remaining ½ cups of chocolate chips, and stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Remove the cookies from the refrigerator.
- Place 1 cookie at a time in the melted chocolate. Using a regular dinner fork, flip the cookie over until it is well coated. Slide the fork completely under the cookie and gently tap the fork against the rim or the side of the bowl, to remove the excess chocolate.
- Return the sheet pan of cookies to the refrigerator. Chill for 30 minutes to help set the chocolate. Store in an airtight container.
- These chocolate peanut butter Ritz crackers are so yummy and freeze so well, they would be perfect to give as gifts or as part of a cookie exchange. Make a double batch and tuck some away in the freezer for later.
- Refrigerating helps to firm up the peanut butter. If you’re in a hurry, five minutes in the freezer will do the trick.
- Use the fork to tap each cookie on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate and keep your cookies looking neat.