October 22, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This delicious Christmas granola has all the festive flavors you love, like cranberries and cinnamon, plus it’s easy to make and completely customizable. Homemade granola is the perfect festive treat to add to your holiday breakfast table or to give as an edible gift.
Christmas Granola Ingredients
Christmas granola is a crunchy, delicious treat that makes for a perfect seasonal snack!
The combination of oats, dried cranberries, nuts, and cinnamon is an absolute delight to the taste buds.
The oats give the granola its crunchiness, while the cranberries and white chocolate chips add a sweet note. The cinnamon brings out the flavor even more.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 2¼ cups of rolled oats
- ¾ cup of walnuts
- ⅔ cup of raw almonds
- ½ cup of plain cashews
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 5 tablespoons of salted butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- ¾ cup of white chocolate chips
Substitutions And Additions
MIX-INS: There are plenty of ways to customize this granola. Add pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, milk chocolate chips, coconut, or any other additions you’d like.
WALNUTS: You can switch these out for pecans if you don’t have walnuts.
ALMONDS: Try almond slices instead of whole almonds for a softer granola.
CASHEWS: For a little more taste, add roasted or salted cashews instead. You can also try other nuts like pistachios or macadamia nuts.
HONEY: Feel free to replace this with maple syrup or agave nectar.
SALTED BUTTER: Unsalted butter can be used, but make sure to add a pinch of salt for extra flavor.
How To Make This Christmas Granola Recipe
Making delicious homemade Christmas granola is surprisingly easy, and it can save you a lot of money.
First, you’ll mix the oats, and nuts to create the basis of your granola recipe. Once you have these ingredients ready, spread the mixture out on a baking sheet.
Combine and drizzle the honey, cinnamon, and butter and bake until the granola is golden brown, stirring halfway through.
Follow our simple steps to make this crunchy treat:
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a large sheet pan (18×13 inches) with cooking spray or parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Put the rolled oats, walnuts, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Stir together gently.
STEP THREE: Mix together the honey, melted butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
STEP FOUR: Pour the honey mixture over the rolled oat mixture and stir until everything is well-coated.
STEP FIVE: Spread out in an even layer onto the prepared sheet pan.
STEP SIX: Bake in the oven for six minutes, and then stir the granola.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your granola at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
STEP SEVEN: Return the pan to the oven for another 6 to 12 minutes or until the oats are a nice golden brown color.
STEP EIGHT: Once the granola is cooked, let it cool on the sheet pan until it has completely cooled to room temperature. Do not stir until it is completely cooled.
Make sure that the granola is completely cooled so that the white chocolate chips don’t melt when you add them to the mixture.
STEP NINE: Mix in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips with the cooled granola.
STEP TEN: Serve or store in a container until ready to serve.
How To Serve
Make a big batch of this delicious granola to give as handmade gifts during the holidays. Add the granola to glass jars tied with cute gift tags for your friends.
There are so many ways you can eat this delicious granola. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Eat it plain, similar to trail mix. I love putting this in plastic baggies and using it as a snack. Be careful of the white chocolate chips melting on a hot day.
- Pour some milk and make cereal. This is a slightly indulgent cereal, considering you have white chocolate chips to eat, too.
- Add to the top of vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert that is crunchy and sweet.
- Sprinkle on top of yogurt with some fruit for a homemade parfait.
- Top a fruit smoothie with this granola, and never look back! I love that extra crunch on a healthy smoothie.
Let’s dive into the different methods to make sure you can enjoy every single bite at its best, even if it’s days or weeks later.
MAKE AHEAD: Christmas granola is a perfect recipe to prepare ahead of time.
The flavors meld together beautifully as it sits, making it even more delicious after a day or two.
You can simply follow the recipe, allow the granola to cool completely, and then store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
ON THE COUNTER: The best way to store this crunchy granola is at room temperature.
Keep it in a large zipper plastic bag or airtight container for 12 to 14 days. Label with the use-by date so that it doesn’t get stale.
IN THE FREEZER: Granola will keep even longer if you store it in the freezer for up to six months.
Store it in smaller portions so you can just thaw what you will need for one serving and keep the rest frozen.
Why We Love This Recipe
FESTIVE FLAVOR EXPLOSION: This Christmas granola is packed with holiday-inspired flavors. The combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cranberries, and nuts creates a delightful aroma and taste that instantly puts you in the holiday spirit.
HOMEMADE GOODNESS: Making your own granola allows you to control the quality of ingredients. You can choose your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, ensuring that every bite is packed with wholesome goodness.
CUSTOMIZABLE CRUNCH: You can tailor it to your taste preferences by adding or substituting ingredients. Whether you prefer extra nuts for crunch or a touch of sweetness with chocolate chips, you have the freedom to make it your own.
Don’t just limit this tasty treat to the holidays. This homemade Christmas granola would be delicious any time of year, and the ingredients could be changed depending on the season.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It’s important to use old-fashioned oats. Quick oats won’t give you the proper texture and will end up mushy in this recipe.
There are plenty of mix-ins, including dried fruit, nuts, or milk chocolate chips, that you could add to this granola.
This honey granola recipe freezes really well and can be stored for up to six months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Coconut Macaroons
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Pistachio and Cranberry Fudge
- Cinnamon Ornaments
- Apple Cinnamon Granola
- 2¼ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ⅔ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup plain cashews
- ⅓ cup honey
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a large sheet pan (18×13 inches) with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Put the rolled oats, walnuts, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Stir together gently.
- Mix together the honey, salted butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl until completely combined.
- Pour the honey mixture over the rolled oat mixture and stir until everything is well-coated.
- Spread out evenly onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 6 minutes, and then stir the granola.
- Return the pan to the oven for another 6 to 12 minutes or until the oats are a nice golden brown color.
- Once the granola is cooked, let it cool on the sheet pan until it has completely cooled to room temperature. Do not stir until it is completely cooled.
- Mix in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips with the cooled granola.
- Serve or store in a container until ready to serve.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your granola at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
- Make sure that the granola is completely cooled so that the white chocolate chips don’t melt when you add them to the mixture.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Spice Roll Cookies
- Grandma’s Sugar Cookies
- M&M Christmas Cookies
- Peppermint Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- Gingerbread Man Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
- Christmas Lasagna Dessert
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Christmas Trees
- Reindeer Food
- Strawberry Christmas Trees
- Christmas Chex Mix
- Christmas Hot Chocolate
- Christmas Crunch