October 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These are the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, which are made without flour and are a delicious homemade treat that is both creamy and easy to make. Peanut butter serves as the main foundation, adding an extra tasty delight to these flourless chocolate chip cookies.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 1 cup of peanut butter, creamy
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
Substitutions And Additions
PEANUT BUTTER: Creamy peanut butter is the best, but if you would like to add a nutty crunch, feel free to use crunchy peanut butter.
I would avoid using natural peanut butter for this because the oil separation can make these cookies greasy.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Semi-sweet chocolate chips would also work fine in this gluten-free cookie recipe. And, if you are a real chocolate lover, you can toss in a few extra chocolate chips for good measure.
SUGAR: You can substitute the white sugar with coconut sugar or cane sugar in a 1:1 ratio in this gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe.
How To Make This Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Stir together peanut butter, both sugars, egg, baking soda, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
STEP THREE: Fold in chocolate chips until just incorporated.
STEP FOUR: Drop 2-inch balls of cookie dough (3 tablespoons of dough) onto the prepared baking sheets and bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
A 2-inch or large cookie scoop would be the perfect size for these cookies.
If you want smaller cookies, you can use a smaller cookie scoop and reduce the baking time by a couple of minutes.
STEP FIVE: Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely and enjoy.
How To Serve
This amazing recipe makes a good chocolate chip cookie, one that would be delicious for an afternoon snack.
ON THE COUNTER: You can store your flourless peanut butter cookies at room temperature for up to 7-10 days as long as they are stored in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: You can also freeze these chewy chocolate chip cookies for up to 3-6 months for the best quality. In order to eat right away, place the cookie in the microwave at half power until they are defrosted.
These are the best chocolate chip cookies and a favorite recipe when I want to do gluten-free baking. They are soft, sweet, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. You will be hooked the first time you take a bite of these addictive bakery-style cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use maple syrup instead of brown sugar. For every cup of brown sugar, you will use ¾ cup maple syrup.
The main recipe ingredient in most cookie recipes is regular flour. Replacing it with gluten-free flour or eliminating the all-purpose flour altogether will make it gluten-free.
This gluten-free cookie recipe will freeze well stored in an airtight container for 3-6 months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecakes
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Dough Cheesecakes
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Pecan Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cake
- Fireball Whisky Balls
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookies with Hershey Kiss Inside
- Funfetti Cake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Coconut Brownies
- Reese’s Cookies
- Almond Joy Cookies
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (Flourless)
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together peanut butter, both sugars, egg, baking soda, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Drop 2” balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- For a nutty crunch, try using crunchy peanut butter. If using natural peanut butter, be sure to stir it very well before adding it in with other ingredients.
- A 2-inch or large cookie scoop would be the perfect size for these cookies.
- If you want smaller cookies, you can use a smaller cookie scoop and reduce the baking time by a couple of minutes.