February 16, 2024Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This recipe for our bacon dip is one of the most delicious and perfect dip recipes and features cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and bacon. It’s so good it has even earned the nickname “crack dip”, and for a good reason: it is addictive!
Cream Cheese Bacon Dip Ingredients
This bacon dip is a creamy and savory delight that features cream cheese and mayonnaise for a rich base.
The star ingredient, crispy bacon, adds a smoky and salty crunch, while “old” cheddar cheese provides a sharp tang.
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of shredded “old” cheddar cheese
- 3 to 4 green onions, diced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled into small pieces
Substitutions And Additions
SHREDDED CHEESE: Old cheddar cheese is an aged cheddar that you can find with all of the other cheeses. It adds great flavor to your dip.
If preferred, you can also use regular cheddar or another type of shredded cheese in this tasty dip.
BACON BITS: If you don’t have time to cook bacon and make your own bacon bits, you can substitute store-bought bacon bits for ease.
SIDES: There are so many options for what to serve with your cream cheese dip! I love to serve with pretzel thins, assorted crackers, or veggie sticks.
You could also serve with an assortment of chips, including tortilla chips and potato chips.
SPICE: If you want to spice up your dip, top it with jalapeno peppers, a dash of cayenne pepper, or even a bit of taco seasoning for a little kick.
MAYONNAISE: If you would rather not use mayo, you could substitute it with sour cream or Greek yogurt to give you the same creamy consistency.
How To Make This Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
This dip is so easy to make. The ingredients are mixed together and spread in a dish to be baked until warm and gooey.
This recipe recommends using a pie plate for your dip but you could use a different shape of serving dish if you have that instead.
STEP ONE: In a medium mixing bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together all of the ingredients except for the bacon.
Let your block of cream cheese come to room temperature so that it blends smoothly.
STEP TWO: Spread the cream cheese mixture into a pie plate.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle eight slices of crumbled bacon evenly over the top of the dip in the pie plate.
STEP FOUR: Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Serve with an assortment of delicious crackers or your preferred sides.
How To Serve
You will have a crowd favorite on your hands if you bring this crack dip recipe to your next gathering.
Looking for a few other creamy dip recipes for your next gathering?
Whether you’ve got leftovers or you’re planning ahead, we’ve got you covered.
MAKE AHEAD: After preparing it, transfer the dip into an airtight container. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before you plan to serve it.
Making it in advance not only saves time but also allows the flavors to meld together for an even tastier treat.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftover cream cheese dip in the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven or microwave when you want to enjoy it.
This dip can also be eaten cold. Your leftover dip will last for about three to four days in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: We do not recommend freezing this dip as it will become watery when thawed.
REHEATING: When it’s time to enjoy your dip once more, there are a few ways to reheat it:
- OVEN: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), and place the dip in an oven-safe dish. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until it’s heated through and has that bubbly, golden top.
- MICROWAVE: For a quick fix, use the microwave. Put your dip in a microwave-safe container and heat it on medium power in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it’s warmed to perfection.
Why We Love This Recipe
IRRESISTIBLE BACON FLAVOR: This dip boasts the mouthwatering essence of crispy bacon, delivering a smoky, salty, and savory punch that’s undeniably addictive.
CREAMY AND CHEESY GOODNESS: The combination of cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese creates a lusciously creamy and cheesy base for the bacon.
EFFORTLESS PREPARATION: With straightforward ingredients and simple steps, this recipe is a breeze to make, making it perfect for gatherings or whenever you’re craving a quick, crowd-pleasing appetizer.
This hot dip could not be easier or more delicious. After four simple steps and just five basic ingredients, you have a dip that people simply can’t get enough of. This bacon dip is a good option to bring to your next gathering as an easy appetizer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe is quite flexible in terms of what you could top your dip with. Tomatoes, cheese, jalapeños, onions, or olives would all taste great.
We do not recommend freezing this dip as it will become watery when thawed.
This dip would be delicious, both warmed up or served cold.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Recipe for Hamburger Casserole
- Chicken Noodle Crack Soup
- Recipe for Chicken and Dumplings
- Shepherd Pie Recipe
- Best Spanish Rice Recipe
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream Flavor
- Best Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Recipe for Cheeseburger Soup
- Oven Baked Bacon
- Crack Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Cheese Sticks
- White Queso Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded “old” cheddar
- 3 to 4 green onions, diced
- 8 slices bacon, crumbled
- In a medium mixing bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together all of the ingredients, except for the bacon.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into a pie plate.
- Top with 8 slices of crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers.
- This recipe recommends using a pie plate for your dip but you could use a different shape of serving dish if you have that instead.
- Let your block of cream cheese come to room temperature so that it blends smoothly.