September 8, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Brie with jam is a classic combination that never fails to please and makes for a decadent starter for your next party. This dish is the perfect balance of savory and sweet, with creamy cheese paired with a sweet, fruity jam or jelly.
Brie With Jam Ingredients
The combination of creamy brie cheese and sweet jam creates an irresistible flavor that’s hard to resist.
With its subtle sweetness and mild savory notes, it’s no wonder the elegant baked brie with jam is such a popular dish!
- 1 wheel of brie cheese (8 ounces)
- ½ cup of red jam (I used Bonne Maman red fruits)
- ¼ cup of chopped nuts (such as walnuts or pecans), optional
- Crackers or sliced baguette for serving
Substitutions And Additions
JAM: You can use just about any jam you like for this brie recipe.
Orange marmalade, blueberry preserves, or fig jam would be great options to pair with this classic appetizer.
How To Make This Brie With Jam Recipe
Making this cheesy party appetizer is as simple as topping the brie with your favorite jam and baking it in the oven. Serve it warm with all of your favorite dippers for the perfect dish.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
STEP TWO: Make shallow diagonal slashes in the top of the brie with a sharp knife. This will make it easier to scoop crackers into it later.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Leave the rind on the cheese, as it will help hold the shape of the cheese once it is melted.
STEP THREE: Spread the jam on top of the wheel of brie.
STEP FOUR: Place the brie wheel on a baking sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper.
STEP FIVE: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melty when you cut into it.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your brie at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
STEP SIX: Remove the baked brie from the oven and place it on a serving platter.
STEP SEVEN: Serve the baked brie warm with your favorite crackers or baguette slices and chopped nuts sprinkled on top.
This brie appetizer is best enjoyed warm from the oven.
How To Serve
This easy baked brie with jam is an elegant appetizer that pairs perfectly with crackers, pita chips, or slices of baguette.
To enhance the flavor and texture of this dish, you can also serve it with a drizzle of honey, crunchy walnuts, or figs added to your serving tray.
IN THE FRIDGE: It’s highly recommended that you prepare only the amount of this delicious appetizer recipe you intend to eat in one sitting.
If you do have any brie left over, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Y
ou can re-melt the brie within three days, but the oil may separate from it.
IN THE FREEZER: This brie appetizer can’t be frozen. Make it fresh when you are ready to enjoy it.
Brie with jam is a simple and quick recipe that features tangy melty cheese combined with the sweetness of the jam to create a delicious appetizer that no one will be able to resist. Add crackers and baguettes, and you’ve got it made.
Frequently Asked Questions
This soft cheese recipe is so simple to put together there is no need to make it ahead of time. If you do see brie on sale, you can buy it ahead of time and store it in the freezer for a couple of months until you are ready to prepare this recipe.
For this easy holiday appetizer, you can use your favorite jam to top the brie. Try raspberry jam, apricot jam, strawberry jam, or cranberry jam for a few ideas.
While this baked brie with jam recipe is best made fresh, if you do have any leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for a couple of days. Reheat until melted in either the microwave or oven.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Stuffed Ziti Fritta
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Fried Cheese Balls
- Raspberry Freezer Jam
- Pull Apart Pigs in a Blanket
- Pretzel Bites with Cheese Dip
- Blueberry Cake
Baked Brie with Jam
- 1 wheel brie cheese (8 ounces)
- ½ cup red jam, I used Bonne Maman red fruits
- ¼ cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Crackers or sliced baguette, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make shallow diagonal slashes in the top of the brie with a sharp knife. This will make it easier to scoop crackers into it later.
- Spread the jam on top of the brie.
- Place the brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melty when you cut into it.
- Remove the baked brie from the oven and place it on a serving platter.
- Serve the baked brie warm with crackers or sliced baguette and chopped nuts sprinkled on top.
- Leave the rind on the cheese, as it will help hold the shape of the cheese once it is melted.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your brie at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
- This brie appetizer is best enjoyed warm from the oven.