March 6, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This bacon-wrapped chicken is juicy, tender, and flavorsome thanks to the seasoning mix of herbs, spices, sugar and maple syrup. Needing just ten minutes of prep and a handful of simple ingredients, this meal requires little effort and tastes and smells incredible.
For another delicious chicken breast recipe, try our baked bruschetta chicken. Our baked crack chicken is a cheesy and creamy dish that you will become addicted to.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 pound of bacon
- 4 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- Parsley for garnish
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CHICKEN BREASTS: Bacon-wrapped chicken tenders or chicken thighs would be just as delicious as chicken breasts. You could also use turkey or duck if you prefer.
CREAM CHEESE: Why not take this recipe up a notch by stuffing the chicken breasts with cream cheese before baking?
VEGETABLES: A great way to sneak some veggies into this meal is by stuffing the chicken breasts with spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
JALAPEÑOS: If you love spicy food, we suggest stuffing some jalapeños into each chicken breast for a fiery surprise.
How To Make This Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a small baking dish or baking sheet with aluminum foil.
STEP TWO: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, and maple syrup.
STEP THREE: Place the chicken breasts into the mixing bowl with the maple syrup mixture and toss until completely coated.
STEP FOUR: Wrap each chicken breast from end to end with two or three strips of bacon.
To easily wrap your chicken, lay the bacon strips on a cutting board side by side and place the chicken on top. Wrap each piece of bacon around the chicken.
STEP FIVE: Place the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts with the bacon seam down in a single layer in the baking pan and bake chicken in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature has reached 165°F. Remove from the oven.
How long to bake bacon-wrapped chicken depends on the size of the chicken breasts. Large chicken breasts will need 30 minutes, but small chicken breasts will cook faster.
STEP SIX: Reset the oven to the broil setting.
STEP SEVEN: Using a pastry brush, baste the chicken and pieces of bacon with the drippings from the pan.
STEP EIGHT: Sprinkle a tablespoon of brown sugar over the top of each chicken breast.
STEP NINE: Place the pan under the broiler and watch as the glaze caramelizes and the bacon becomes crisp and browned.
Don’t take your eyes off the chicken breasts under the broiler as the sugar can burn quickly.
STEP TEN: Remove from the oven as soon as the bacon is cooked to the desired level of crispness. Garnish with parsley and serve.
How To Serve
Choose a couple of our easy recipes for side dishes to serve alongside this entree. A few of our favorite recipes that pair well with chicken dinners include pasta salad, Caesar salad, and Instant Pot brown rice. We also like to serve our bacon-wrapped chicken breasts with scalloped potatoes and roasted cauliflower.
MORE BACON RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store cooked bacon-wrapped chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze leftover bacon-wrapped chicken breast for up to a month. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes to reheat.
Oven baking is just one way to cook chicken wrapped in crispy bacon. In the summertime, you might want to use the BBQ grill instead of the oven and broiler. Just make sure your grill isn’t too hot and use a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked through. You can’t beat anything cooked with bacon and even a picky eater will love this recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Regular cut bacon is best as the strips of bacon are easier to wrap around the chicken pieces than thick-cut bacon and the thicker the bacon slice, the longer it will take to cook.
You can easily substitute chicken thighs in this recipe. Just adjust your cooking time and make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
This recipe would be delicious on the grill. Just make sure your grill isn’t too hot and use a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked through.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Oven Baked Chicken
- Chicken Foil Packet
- Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- Paprika Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella Sticks
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 pound bacon
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, and maple syrup.
- Place the chicken breasts into the mixing bowl and toss to coat completely with the syrup blend.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 to 3 strips of bacon (this will depend on the size of the chicken breasts) so that they are wrapped from end to end.
- Place wrapped chicken breasts onto a small baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked entirely through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and reset the oven to the broil setting.
- Use a pastry brush to baste the bacon and chicken with the drippings in the pan.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar over the top of each chicken breast. The sugar will dissolve into the pan drippings you have just put over the top.
- Place the pan under the broiler and watch carefully as the glaze caramelizes and the bacon becomes crisp and browned. Remove from the oven as soon as the bacon is cooked to the desired level of crispness. Be careful as the sugar can burn quickly.
- Serve immediately.
- To easily wrap your chicken, lay the bacon strips on a cutting board side by side and place the chicken on top. Wrap each piece of bacon around the chicken.
- How long to bake bacon-wrapped chicken depends on the size of the chicken breasts. Large chicken breasts will need 30 minutes, but small chicken breasts will cook faster.
- Don’t take your eyes off the chicken breasts under the broiler as the sugar can burn quickly.
Such an easy and delicious dinner! Everything is better with bacon!
i dont have broil option working on my gas stove–will it still come out the way its supposed to ??
Sandra Martinez says
Great recipe. So easy to follow. Didn’t use the icing, this was sweet enough