Did you know brownies originated in the early 20th century? Some think Fannie Farmer was the creator of the recipe, and some say a forgetful housewife left the baking powder out of her cake recipe but no one knows for sure. What everyone can agree on: brownies are a popular and easy dessert table idea. To me, the chewy, flavorful bites seem especially suited to summer and fall birthday parties. This Blondie Brownie is a rift on the more familiar version. Serve it fresh and warm from the oven with ice cream or make it ahead and enjoy it at room temperature. Brownies also make a great lunch-box surprise. Any way you serve brownies, they’re sure to be a hit!
- Indulge in a Mango Angel Food Cake perfect for your next dessert table.
- Check out this Salted Caramel Cookie Bites for a sweet and salty dessert treat.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with melted butter; line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Also, butter paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk room temperature butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla until fully incorporated. Add flour and salt; mix just until moistened (do not over mix). Fold in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Transfer batter to prepared pan; pour and smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, between 40 to 45 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack, and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares.
Bake up a sweet treat with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Greenco Set of 12 Vibrant Colors Ice Cream Dessert Bowls and Spoons
- Stackable Old-fashioned Soda Fountain Plastic Goblet Parfait Ice Cream Cups Bowls
- Meri Meri Ice Cream Van with Cups and Spoons, 12-Pack
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great dessert ideas perfect for any occasion.
Plus, don’t miss Chocolate Snickers Mug Cake…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week