Ooey Gooey S’mores Cupcakes
Mike is training for the Chicago Marathon in October. He wants to run it in two hours and twenty-five minutes . I only dream of being able to run a mile in 10 minutes. Mike is highly disciplined. He is already on his marathon diet. I’m in the kitchen, making and tasting cupcakes for company (these cupcakes are sooo good). We’re quite a pair. I enticed Mike to just take a bite of one and he ate the whole thing! Mr. Self-Control ate the whole thing! They are that good.
Want to try these ooey, gooey smores cupcakes yourself? Scroll down for the recipe and then buzz on over to your friendly Walmart for everything you need. While you’re there getting ingredients, pick up Finish® dishwasher products and you won’t have to wash those pesky cupcake pans by hand.
Everyday living creates a lot of dirty dishes. Getting ready for guests and entertaining makes that pile grow even faster. You better believe I’m thankful for my dishwasher! Even so, I’ve discovered that just sending a load through doesn’t guarantee clean dishes that sparkle if you don’t use the right dishwashing detergent. I hate pulling out my clean dishes and seeing ugly water spots on the glasses or food still stuck to plates. Who has time for that? That is never an issue since I’ve switched to Finish® products. They work!
If your dirty dishes set in the dishwasher overnight — like after a party — Finish® Powerball® breaks up the food residue even after 24 hours. It also takes care of stains like coffee and tea. You don’t have to pre-rinse either. The detergent is formulated to hold the grime in suspension and then the final rinse removes it. And yes, it works in hard water, too.
Although you can use the Jet-Dry® with any detergent, I like to partner Powerball® with the Finish® Jet-Dry® Rinse Aid because spots can form during the dishwashers rinse cycle, after the detergent is already down the drain. The Jet-Dry® does something amazing that I don’t understand but it causes the water to sheet so dishes are drier and it takes care of spots and that ugly film that you hate to see on your dishes — especially when you’re getting ready for company.
There are some great Ibotta rebates available for the Finish® products at Walmart right nowyou can earn up to $3.00 in rebates:
- $1.00 off Finish® Max-in-One 23ct and higher (automatic dish detergent)
- $1.00 off Finish® Jet Dry® 8.45oz (rinse aid)
- Bonus offer: If you buy any Finish® Detergent (23ct and larger) AND Finish® Jet Dry®, youll get an additional $1.00
Whether you’re making a treat for the family, getting ready for company or training for a marathon, try these crowd-pleasing cupcakes. I think they might make you run faster. Anyway, that’s what someone told Mike!
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 3-4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup egg whites (or one egg)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine graham wafer crumbs and melted butter and press into bottom of cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, melt cocoa in warm milk
- Stir in vanilla, sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil and egg
- Whisk flour, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl
- Gradually add these dry ingredients to the wet mixture
- Be careful not to over mix, just stir until combined
- Fill cupcake liners with batter
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cupcakes are cooked through
- Note: these cupcakes are not sweet, but they work really well once the rest of the sweet toppings (icing and marshmallows) are added.
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 ½ cups icing sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- Beat on medium speed until smooth
- Pipe onto cupcake using a 2D Wilton tip
- Start in the middle and move to the outside so that icing remains flat
- To Create...
- Put oven on broil
- Place marshmallows on baking tray
- Broil on each side no longer than 90 seconds
- Keep an eye on the marshmallows as they can burn quickly
- Place roasted marshmallows on top of iced cupcake and serve immediately
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reckitt Benckiser. The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week