November 4, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This chocolate peanut butter lasagna comes straight from Grandma’s recipe box. It has a creamy, mousse-like filling made with peanut butter, cream cheese, and whipped cream. It’s followed by a layer of rich vanilla and chocolate pudding and topped with Cool Whip to create one of my favorite desserts of all time.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna Ingredients
This delightful dessert features a crunchy, salty crust made with crushed dry roasted peanuts, a velvety peanut butter layer, and silky layers of chocolate created with instant pudding mixes.
Garnished with grated chocolate and roasted peanuts, it’s a perfect blend of creamy, crunchy, sweet, and satisfying flavors.
- 1 cup of crushed dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of margarine, melted
- ½ cup of creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 16 ounces of Cool Whip, divided in half
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 (3.4-ounce) packet of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) packet of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups of milk
- grated chocolate, for garnish
- crushed roasted peanuts, for garnish
The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
Substitutions And Additions
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you prefer to make your own whipped cream, you can substitute it for the Cool Whip.
Check out our easy recipe for homemade whipped cream.
Light Cool Whip would also work fine as a substitute in this recipe.
PUDDING: If you prefer to use sugar-free pudding, it will also work in this dessert.
PEANUT BUTTER: We recommend smooth peanut butter for this recipe, but if you prefer, you could use a crunchy variety as well.
CRUST: You could also use graham crackers or Nilla wafers for the crust. Or what about crushed Nutter Butters?
They’d give you a tasty peanut butter cookie base.
TOPPING: There are lots of fun toppings you can add to the top of this sweet treat.
Try mini chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, Reese’s mini pieces, or even Reese’s peanut butter cups chopped into small pieces.
How To Make This Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna Recipe
Let’s get started on making each scrumptious layer of this dessert lasagna.
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350°F. To make the crust, combine the crushed dry roasted peanuts, flour, and melted margarine in a bowl.
STEP TWO: Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Bake the base of your chocolate peanut butter lasagna in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, and then leave it to cool.
STEP THREE: To make the second layer, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, eight ounces of Cool Whip, and powdered sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that it blends nice and smooth and doesn’t leave you with lumps in your cream cheese-peanut butter layer.
STEP FOUR: Once all the ingredients have been mixed together, spread the filling over your cooled crust in the pan.
STEP FIVE: For the third layer, combine the vanilla and chocolate instant pudding mixes together with the milk.
Follow the instructions on the pudding packet for the required mixing time.
STEP SIX: Spread your pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer in the pan.
STEP SEVEN: For the fourth and final layer, take the remaining eight ounces of Cool Whip and spread it over the pudding layer.
Sprinkle the Cool Whip generously with grated chocolate and crushed roasted peanuts.
STEP EIGHT: You’ll want to leave the chocolate peanut butter lasagna in the refrigerator for four to six hours or overnight to set firmly.
Be sure to allow layers to cool where indicated.
How To Serve
Everyone’s favorite peanut butter and chocolate candy, Reese’s, is a perfect topping for a peanut butter chocolate lasagna.
Pair your lasagna with a piping hot cup of coffee or a pumpkin spice latte.
MORE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
Here’s what you need to know to ensure your dessert stays fresh.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re planning ahead for a special occasion or simply want to get a head start on dessert prep, you can assemble this lasagna a day in advance.
Follow the recipe up until the garnishing step. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and pop it into the refrigerator.
By doing this, you allow the flavors to meld together even more, resulting in an even tastier treat.
IN THE FRIDGE: This amazing dessert can be stored in the fridge covered in plastic wrap for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: This dessert can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
Be aware that freezing may alter the texture of the cheesecake and pudding layers.
Why We Love This Recipe
IRRESISTIBLE FLAVOR DUO: This dessert brings together the timeless combination of peanut butter and chocolate. The creamy, nutty richness of peanut butter perfectly complements the decadent, chocolatey layers.
MAKE AHEAD FRIENDLY: Planning ahead for a gathering? You can assemble this dessert a day in advance. It’s a convenient option that ensures a stress-free dessert prep for your next event.
Chocolate peanut butter lasagna is a creamy, layered dessert stacked with delicious layers of fluffy peanut butter filling, two types of pudding, cream cheese, and Cool Whip. It is a crowd favorite that will leave every peanut butter lover asking for more.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use these sweet crackers for the crust. Just crush to fine crumbs using either a food processor or a rolling pin.
You can freeze this chocolate peanut butter dream stored in an airtight container for up to three months. Be aware, though, that freezing may alter the texture of the cheesecake and pudding layers.
This recipe is ALMOST no-bake. You just have to bake the crust before adding the other layers.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo Pie
- S’mores Lasagna
- Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Mint Chip Dessert Lasagna
- Christmas Lasagna Dessert
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- 1 cup crushed dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, divided in half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding (1 packet)
- 3.4 ounces instant chocolate pudding (1 packet)
- 3 cups milk
- grated chocolate, for garnish
- crushed peanuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a fork, mix crushed dry roasted peanuts with flour and margarine.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and then let cool.
- Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, 8 ounces Cool Whip and powdered sugar together. Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix instant vanilla pudding and instant chocolate pudding together with cold milk and stir until thickened. Spread on top of the second layer.
- Spread remaining 8 ounces of Cool Whip over the third layer. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and crushed peanuts.
- Refrigerate at least 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that it blends nice and smooth and doesn’t leave you with lumps in your cream cheese-peanut butter layer.
- Be sure to allow layers to cool where indicated.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Peanut Butter Recipes
- Reese’s Cookies
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Peanut Butter Lasagna
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Dream Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Marshmallow Peanut Butter Squares