January 8, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
We’d like to introduce you to a peanut butter frozen hot chocolate: a decadent combination of rich, chocolatey goodness and nutty, creamy flavor that’ll make you want to curl up on the couch with a mug (or two). Trust us – this is one chilly treat you won’t want to miss!
Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate Ingredients
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CHOCOLATE MILK: This rich peanut butter hot cocoa is filling and delicious. I recommend Vitamin D chocolate milk (whole milk) for an extra-rich drink, but you can also use low-fat milk and/or sugar-free chocolate syrup to cut back the calories.
PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: Any type of Reese’s peanut butter cups can be used in this recipe. You need about 10 of the miniature size, 4 to 5 of the standard size, or simply measure out ½ cup of the extra mini Reese’s.
HOT CHOCOLATE: There are plenty of choices for hot chocolate powder flavors. Choose whichever one is your favorite for this recipe.
How to Make This Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Chill the glasses in the freezer for 5 minutes. This is optional, but worth the extra five minutes it takes. Freezing your glass not only keeps your drink nice and cold, but it also looks pretty cool too!
STEP ONE: Combine chocolate milk, hot cocoa mix, mini peanut butter cups, creamy peanut butter, and ice in a high-powered blender.
STEP TWO: Pulse to blend until the ice has broken down into equally small pieces.
Use a high-powered blender (Vitamix, Blendtech, etc.) to break down the ice into nice, even pieces.
STEP THREE: Pour frozen hot chocolate mixture between two tall drink glasses.
STEP FOUR: Top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, peanut butter drizzle, and/or additional chopped Reese’s.
To make it easy to drizzle the peanut butter, simply microwave a couple of tablespoons for 10-15 seconds or until runny.
How To Serve
This utterly delicious treat will surely satisfy your peanut butter and chocolate cravings. Enjoy it when the weather is hot or cold; it’s perfect anytime! Add our Cool Whip cookies or Italian cookies on the side for a special treat.
IN THE FRIDGE: This chocolate peanut butter drink doesn’t store well in the fridge. We’d recommend making it right when you are ready to enjoy it.
IN THE FREEZER: This frozen peanut butter hot chocolate doesn’t store well in the freezer either. Luckily, this fun treat only takes five minutes to make, so you won’t need to make it in advance.
This frozen version of everyone’s favorite comfort food is perfect for cooling down on a hot summer day or during the winter when you are looking for a cool treat for a change. With a rich peanut butter and chocolatey flavor, it won’t take long for you to be hooked on this delicious treat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe would also work well with non-dairy chocolate milk options, including chocolate almond milk or coconut milk.
This chocolatey treat does not keep well, so it is best to make it on demand. Since it only takes a couple of minutes to make, it shouldn’t be hard to whip up a batch anytime a craving hits.
The sky’s the limit of what you can add to this cool mixture. Sprinkles, chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows are all great choices.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups chocolate milk
- 4 packets hot chocolate mix
- ½ cup mini peanut butter cups, about 10 miniature Reese’s, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, plus more for garnish
- 3 to 4 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Hot fudge sauce, garnish
- Combine chocolate milk, hot chocolate mix, mini peanut butter cups, creamy peanut butter, and ice in a high-powered blender.
- Pulse to blend until the ice has broken down into equally small pieces.
- Pour between two tall drink glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, peanut butter drizzle, and/or additional chopped Reese’s.
- Chill the glasses in the freezer for 5 minutes. This is optional, but worth the extra five minutes it takes. Freezing your glass not only keeps your drink nice and cold, but it also looks pretty cool too!
- Use a high-powered blender (Vitamix, Blendtech, etc.) to break down the ice into nice, even pieces.
- To make it easy to drizzle the peanut butter, simply microwave a couple of tablespoons for 10 to 15 seconds or until runny.