October 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This layered jello pumpkin pie recipe is super easy to make with just six ingredients and no baking required. The pre-made graham cracker crust is filled with creamy Jello pudding and Cool Whip to create a tasty pie that’s sure to be a big hit.
Jello Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) of Jello Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 cups of whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crust
- 1 (8-ounce) container of Cool Whip, thawed, divided in half
- Chopped pecans for garnish
Substitutions And Additions
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST: Using a ready-made pie crust is the easiest option, but you could make your own homemade graham cracker crust from crushed graham cracker crumbs (or digestive biscuits), sugar, and melted butter.
Combine the ingredients and press into a pie pan before continuing with the recipe.
JELLO PUMPKIN SPICE PUDDING MIX: If you can’t get hold of this, we suggest using vanilla pudding and adding an extra ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
WHOLE MILK: For a creamier pie, use half and half cream instead of milk
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: If you can’t get hold of the spice blend, you could make your own.
Mix together 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg and ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves.
This will give you more than you need for this recipe but you can store the rest in a spice jar in your spice cabinet.
COOL WHIP: If whipped topping isn’t available where you live, then you could use whipped cream in a pinch.
CHOPPED PECANS: These are optional, and your pie will still be delicious if you leave them out.
How To Make This Layered Pumpkin Spice Jello Pie Recipe
STEP ONE: In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the dry pudding mixes, milk, and pumpkin pie spice.
STEP TWO: Spread half of the pumpkin pudding mixture into the bottom of the graham cracker crust for the first pudding layer. Leave the remaining half in the bowl.
STEP THREE: To the remaining pudding mix, add half of the tub of Cool Whip and stir together.
STEP FOUR: Spread the Cool Whip mixture into the graham cracker crust as layer two.
STEP FIVE: Top the pie with the remaining Cool Whip for the third layer.
Sprinkle a little pumpkin spice on top of the Cool Whip to add a little extra flavor.
STEP SIX: Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top of the pie. Then, cover and refrigerate for at least four to six hours before serving.
If you don’t have the time to chill your pie, you could pop it into the freezer to speed up the process. Just don’t let the pie become frozen!
How To Serve
This pumpkin dessert is a great alternative to traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dessert, or anytime you are looking for a delicious treat.
Serve with a warm mug of homemade pumpkin spice latte for an ultimate fall experience.
IN THE FRIDGE: This Jello and Cool Whip pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Be sure to place it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
IN THE FREEZER: It’s possible to store Jello Cool Whip pie in the freezer for up to three months.
The texture of the pudding might change and the crust might become soft, so we’d only recommend doing this if you have to.
If you’d like to try an interesting twist on the classic pumpkin pie recipe this fall, then this triple-layer pumpkin spice pie is for you. The creamy pumpkin filling is so delicious and with no baking required, this is a fun recipe to make at home with your kids and is sure to be a family favorite.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This layered dessert can be frozen but the texture of the pudding may change and the crust may get soft so only freeze it if necessary.
If you need to make your own pumpkin spice, mix together 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg and ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves. This will give you more than you need for this recipe but you can store the rest in a spice jar in your spice cabinet.
Since this pie needs time to chill before being ready to serve, it is best to make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge. That gives it time to let all the layers set properly.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie
- Jello Poke Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Jello Cookies
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie (No Sugar)
- Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Millionaire Pie
- Vanilla Cool Whip Pie
- Jello Salad
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Peach Cool Whip Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Roll Cookies
- Chocolate Pie with Meringue Recipe
- Pumpkin Scone Recipe Starbucks
- Jello Divinity
- Butterscotch Cool Whip Pie
- Salted Caramel No-Bake Pie
- Pie Crust
- Slab Pie
- Pumpkin Roll
- Chessmen Banana Pudding
- Cranberry Jello Salad
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- S’mores Hand Pies
- Buttermilk Pie Recipes
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Jello Pumpkin Pie (No Bake)
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crust
- 6.8 ounces jello pumpkin spice instant pudding mix (3.4 ounces each)
- 2 cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed, divided in half
- chopped pecan for garnish, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl combine dry pudding mix, whole milk, and pumpkin pie spice. Use a whisk to combine.
- Spread ½ of the pumpkin pudding mix in the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Add ½ of the Cool Whip to the remaining bowl with the pumpkin pudding. Stir together.
- Add the pumpkin pudding and cool whip mixture to the graham cracker crust as layer two.
- Top the pie with the remaining Cool Whip as the third layer.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top of the pie.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight for the best results.
- Sprinkle a little pumpkin spice on top of the Cool Whip to add a little extra flavor.
- If you don’t have the time to chill your pie, you could pop it into the freezer to speed up the process. Just don’t let the pie become frozen!