Last updated on
Table of Contents
Red Wine Chocolate Cake is a delicious and decadent dessert that everyone will love!
This incredible, moist, homemade red wine chocolate cake will leave you wanting more. It’s delicious, chocolate flavor is simple to bake from scratch and the red wine offers an extra layer of yum! You can choose your favorite Merlot or Cabernet to include!
The glaze on top is the perfect complement to this already amazing chocolate cake recipe. It’s a great dessert to serve at special occasion or to bake just because you want a treat. If you’re looking for another great cake idea, make sure you check out our oatmeal cake.
I’m excited to share this red wine cake recipe with you today — I know you’ll enjoy it!
I’ve made cakes with coffee before… like this mocha poke cake… but I hadn’t tried a chocolate cake with red wine recipe before. I’m glad I did — it turned out delicious!!
RED WINE CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS
Before you start to bake, this red wine cake recipe from scratch, you’ll need to gather the goods. For the cake you’ll need the following ingredients:
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- red wine
You could use a Merlot or Cabernet that you really love for this recipe. Maybe pour a glass to sip on while you bake as well. Baking with wine is so fun. 🙂
For the glaze you’ll need chocolate chips, butter, powdered sugar and red wine.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RED WINE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
This might become one of my go to chocolate cake recipes because it’s so delicious and easy to bake. I think you’ll agree.
In a stand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla and sugars. Add eggs one at a time and mix until creamy.
In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Slowly add to the wet ingredients.
Pour in red wine and mix until smooth.
Then, pour batter in a Bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Let cool before removing from pan.
To make the glaze, start by melting butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
Whisk in powdered sugar and red wine.
Pour over the top of the cake and serve.
I love how simple this delicious wine cake is to bake. The batter comes together in no time and it plates beautifully.
The icing really seals the deal — it’s delicious!
It’s perfect treat to serve mama to remind her how special she is, along with a pampering gift basket.
I hope you’ll enjoy this red wine cake recipe soon.
More Amazing Dessert Ideas:
- Oreo Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cup Recipe – No Fail!
- Plus, try homemade mulled wine!
- Carrot Cake
- Lemon Poke Cake
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Ideas
- Double Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Squares Recipe – Stolen From Grandma
Red Wine Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup red wine
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup red wine
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla and sugars. Add eggs one at a time and mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Slowly add to the wet ingredients.
- Pour in red wine and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter in a Bundt pant and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Whisk in powdered sugar and red wine. Pour over the top of the cake and serve.