Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Simple, moist and delicious, this homemade chocolate zucchini bread is one of my favorite quick bread recipes ever. It has an amazing glaze on top that complements the bread perfectly.
Keep reading to find out the ingredients for chocolate zucchini bread and how to make chocolate zucchini bread… and then head to the kitchen. If you’re looking more great recipes, check out our oatmeal cake and our monkey bread. You’ll also love our cinnamon roll monkey bread.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients:
- flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
- cocoa powder
- butter and sugar
- orange zest
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread
STEP ONE: In a medium size bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
STEP THREE: Add eggs and mix until smooth and creamy. Then add vanilla, orange zest and zucchini.
STEP FOUR: Add the dry ingredients to the wet, a little at a time, alternating with the milk.
STEP FIVE: Pour into pan(s) and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
This chocolate zucchini bread is amazing on it’s own… but with this special glaze, it’s even more amazing.
Making the Glaze
- Combine 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons orange juice, and 2 teaspoons orange zest.
- Once the bread is cool, pour the glaze on the top.
This process of making zucchini bread is quite similar to how I make my delicious lemon poppyseed bread — that’s to say, it’s so easy!
How to Store
Zucchini bread will keep in an airtight container for 3-5 days. You can also wrap it tightly and freeze it… if it lasts that long. In my house, it never makes it that long. 😉 Hungry little boys gobble it up.
I love how simple it is to bring together and how amazing it smells when you take it out of the oven. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as much as we do.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Easy Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Homemade Chocolate Turtles
- Lemon Poke Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Oreo Pie
- Chocolate Red Wine Cake
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup pecans
- In a medium size bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix until smooth and creamy. Then add vanilla, orange zest and zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, a little at a time, alternating with the milk.
- Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.