August 18, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This easy and delicious one-pot zucchini mushroom chicken is packed with flavor and ready in less than half an hour. With a rich, made-from-scratch sauce, fresh vegetables, and tender chicken, this stir fry will become a favorite.
Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, divided in half
- 2 cups of diced chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable umami
- 8 ounces of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into ½-inch slices
- Sesame seeds for garnish
Substitutions And Additions
OIL: You can use canola or vegetable oil instead in this easy recipe.
MUSHROOMS: You can use cremini or shiitake mushrooms in this zucchini recipe as well.
VEGETABLES: You can add or substitute many different veggies in this dish. You could use broccoli, sugar snap peas, onions, or bell peppers.
I would suggest grabbing precut, sliced mushrooms in your grocery store’s vegetable area to save time and effort. You can also use a tube of minced garlic and minced ginger from the same area instead of doing it by hand.
How To Make This Zucchini And Mushroom Chicken Recipe
STEP ONE: Pour the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into a medium-sized stock pot and heat over medium heat. Then add the chicken pieces and brown on each side, about 5-6 minutes total.
STEP TWO: While the chicken is browning, in a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and vegetable umami.
STEP THREE: Once the chicken has browned, add the mushrooms and zucchini slices to the stock pot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
STEP FOUR: Add the sauce mixture to the stock pot and stir well to coat all with the sauce.
How To Serve This Chicken With Zucchini Stir Fry
If you are looking for something delicious to serve with this zucchini and chicken stir fry, how about roasted vegetables or our creamy mashed potatoes? Or a batch of our homemade egg rolls would be delicious on the side as well.
FRIDGE: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
FREEZER: We do not recommend freezing this recipe because I feel it changes the texture of the vegetables too much.
Delicious and flavorful, this zucchini mushroom chicken is an easy one-pot meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. With chicken, fresh veggies, and an irresistible sauce, everyone will love this recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
We don’t find this dish freezes well as the zucchini tends to get mushy. This recipe is best made fresh.
Chicken thighs would also be delicious in this recipe.
If you would like to add even more fresh vegetables to this dish, you certainly can.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Zucchini Noodles
- Orange Chicken
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Zucchini Gratin
- Pork Fried Rice
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Chicken Roll Ups
- Chicken Tortellini
- Fried Zucchini
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Broccoli Apple Salad
Zucchini Mushroom Chicken
- 2 cups diced chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, and then sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon Yondu Vegetable Umami
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Pour the olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of sesame oil into a medium-size stockpot and heat over medium heat. Then add the chicken pieces and brown on each side (about 5 to 6 minutes total)
- While the chicken is browning in a small bowl add 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and Yondu.
- Once the chicken has browned add the mushrooms and zucchini to the stockpot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the sauce to the stockpot and stir well to coat it all with the sauce.
- Serve over brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- I would suggest grabbing precut, sliced mushrooms in your grocery store’s vegetable area to save time and effort. You can also use a tube of minced garlic and minced ginger from the same area instead of doing it by hand.