October 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
It’s that time of year when we’re all abuzz with holiday cheer, and this creamy Grinch cocktail is a festive way to celebrate. Minty, rich and fun, with a cinnamon twist, this drink is sure to melt even the coldest of hearts.
Grinch Cocktail Ingredients
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- ½ cup of 2% dairy milk
- 1½ ounces of Baileys Irish cream
- ½ ounce of Fireball cinnamon whisky
- ½ ounce of Crème de Menthe liqueur
- Bar of dark chocolate to shave over the cocktail for garnish
Substitutions And Additions
WHISKY: You can substitute the Fireball cinnamon whisky with any brand of cinnamon whisky of your choice.
Alternatively, you can substitute plain whiskey for cinnamon whiskey. Jameson is a great brand that goes well with Baileys Irish cream.
MILK: I used 2% standard dairy milk for this delicious recipe; however, whole milk will work just as well. It will just be a little richer of a cocktail.
I do not know how a dairy-free milk alternative would alter the taste of this boozy drink, but if you have a type you enjoy, I would give it a try. I would try to stick with an unsweetened version, though.
GARNISH: This Christmas drink would be really cute with a candy cane hooked on the rim of your glass, too.
How To Make This Grinch Cocktail Recipe
STEP ONE: In the container of a cocktail shaker, add the ice, milk, Bailey’s Irish cream, Fireball cinnamon whisky, and Crème de Menthe liqueur.
STEP TWO: Shake well for 15 to 20 seconds.
If you really want to be festive, you can coat the rim of the glasses with red sanding sugar or sprinkle the red sugar onto the top of your boozy Grinch drink instead of the shaved chocolate.
You can also use a lightweight flat heart sprinkle to place onto the top of the cocktail, just like the Grinch’s heart. You will just want to make sure that your heart sprinkle is not heavy, or it will just sink to the bottom of your tasty drink.
STEP THREE: Carefully pour your Grinch cocktail into your glass and garnish by shaving some of the dark chocolate bar over the top of your cocktail.
This Christmas cocktail should be served very cold.
How To Serve
Serve this perfect cocktail recipe for your next Christmas party or event this holiday season. It would be so much fun to add to your Christmas Eve excitement.
IN THE FRIDGE/FREEZER: This green cocktail is best consumed immediately and won’t keep in the fridge at all.
This holiday cocktail is just as green as Mr. Grinch but definitely much sweeter. We think a Grinch cocktail is perfect for any upcoming Christmas holiday party and will make your guests feel merry and bright.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any fancy bar glass would work for this Grinch drink cocktail. Martini glasses, lowball glasses, or any other fancy cocktail glass would be a great option to serve this drink.
Moisten the edge of the glass with water before dipping the glass into a shallow bowl with the sanding sugar.
If you don’t like or can’t find cinnamon whisky, you can substitute it with plain whisky.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Drunken Dalgona
- Wine Floats
- Spiked Hot Chocolate
- Christmas Punch
- Jack Frost Cocktail
- Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- Grinch Snowball Cookies
- Candy Cane Cupcakes
- Jolly Rancher Drink
- Boozy Creamsicle Float
- Fireball Whisky Popsicles
- Pineapple Cooler
- Bailey’s and Coffee Ice Cube
- Alcoholic Frozen Lemonade
- Wendy’s Frosty
- Espresso Martini Recipe
- Peanut Butter Root Beer
- Fish Bowl Drink
- Homemade Coffee Creamer 3 Ingredients
- Chick Fil A Lemonade (Frosted)
- Gummy Bear Drink
- Baileys Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup 2% dairy milk
- 1½ ounces Baileys Irish cream
- ½ ounce Fireball cinnamon whisky
- ½ ounce Crème de Menthe liqueur
- 1 bar dark chocolate, to shave over cocktail for garnish
- In the container of a cocktail shaker, add the ice, milk, Baileys Irish cream, Fireball cinnamon whiskey, and Crème de Menthe liqueur.
- Shake well for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Carefully pour your Grinch cocktail into your glass and garnish by shaving some of the dark chocolate bar over the top of your cocktail.
- If you really want to be festive, you can coat the rim of the glasses with red sanding sugar or sprinkle the red sugar onto the top of your Grinch cocktail instead of the shaved chocolate. You can also use a lightweight flat heart sprinkle to place onto the top of the cocktail, just like the Grinch’s heart. You will just want to make sure that your heart sprinkle is not heavy, or it will just sink to the bottom of your Grinch cocktail.
- This Grinch cocktail should be served very cold.