October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
When you sink your teeth into this easy cinnamon roll bread, you will think you are biting into a fresh pastry. Moist bread is layered with ribbons of cinnamon swirl to create a flavorful spiced loaf that is the perfect addition to your breakfast table.
Cinnamon Bread Recipe Ingredients
Cinnamon roll bread tastes like a warm hug in the morning, its decadent scent inviting you to enjoy it with every bite.
The sour cream added to this bread makes it incredibly moist and perfect to sink your teeth into. And you will love discovering the cozy spiced cinnamon and sugar swirls in every bite of this delectable quick bread.
For this breakfast treat, you’ll need:
For The Bread:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
For The Cinnamon Swirl And Topping:
- ⅔ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe Substitutions And Additions
RAISINS: You can add raisins to the batter for this cinnamon bread. You can also add chopped pecans for a little bit of crunch.
VEGETABLE OIL: In this easy recipe, you can use melted butter in place of vegetable oil.
SOUR CREAM: You can substitute buttermilk for the sour cream in this cinnamon swirl bread.
MILK: If you’re lactose intolerant or vegan, almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk are fantastic substitutes for regular milk in this recipe. They offer a slightly nutty flavor that can add a unique twist to your cinnamon roll bread.
CINNAMON: Apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice could also be an exciting substitute for cinnamon. Both would give your bread a subtle warmth and complexity.
VANILLA EXTRACT: Almond extract or maple extract can be used in place of vanilla extract. Both options will give your icing a unique and delightful flavor.
Can I Add Mix-Ins To This Cinnamon Bread?
You could add up to 1 cup of raisins, chocolate chips, or even cinnamon chips to this moist bread.
How To Make Cinnamon Bread
Making cinnamon roll bread is a deliciously sweet treat that takes minimal effort. First, you will make a simple quick bread batter with pantry ingredients that you likely have on hand.
You will add the batter to the pan in thirds, alternating with a cinnamon-sugar mixture to create swirls of sweetness throughout your bread. Bake your bread for approximately an hour before slicing and serving.
Our step-by-step instructions will help you whip up a batch of this tasty bread.
This delicious recipe freezes really well. Make a double batch and freeze the second loaf for later.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the 9×5-inch loaf pan with a parchment paper sling. Spray generously with Baker’s Joy or a generic version. Set it aside.
Lining the pan with the parchment paper sling will allow you to lift the entire loaf of bread out of the pan for easier cutting once cooled.
STEP TWO: Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
STEP THREE: Add the milk, vegetable oil, sour cream, sugar, egg, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until all the ingredients are completely incorporated.
STEP FOUR: Fold in the dry ingredients.
STEP FIVE: Add the sugar and ground cinnamon to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
STEP SIX: Spread ⅓ of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the bottom batter layer.
STEP SEVEN: Spread ⅓ of the batter on top of the cinnamon layer. Evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the second batter layer.
STEP EIGHT: Spread the remaining batter over the second layer of the cinnamon mixture. Finally, sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture over the top of the final layer of batter. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes away clean. Allow the bread to cool completely. The longer the bread is allowed to rest, the easier it will be to slice. Slice into ½-inch sections.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your bread at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
How To Serve Cinnamon Swirl Bread
For breakfast, serve slices of cinnamon roll bread warm out of the oven with cream cheese or melted butter. It’s also delicious toasted and slathered in strawberry jam, raspberry jam, or honey for a sweet breakfast treat.
If you don’t have enough cinnamon for your liking, our Texas Roadhouse butter is a great addition to your cinnamon bread.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Storage
Let’s dive into how you can store this scrumptious delight to savor over time without losing its moistness or that heavenly cinnamon flavor. By storing it properly, you can ensure that each slice is as divine as the first.
MAKE AHEAD: This recipe is wonderfully flexible. If you prefer to get the bulk of the baking out of the way ahead of time, you certainly can! Mix the dough, fill it with the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture, roll it, and place it in your loaf pan the night before you plan to bake. Wrap the pan tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, allow it to come to room temperature while you preheat your oven, then bake as directed.
ON THE COUNTER: Store any leftovers of this quick bread recipe in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag for up to 5 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze the un-sliced loaf for up to 2 months. Wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap and then in a Ziplock bag labeled with the contents and use-by date. Allow the loaf to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
Can I Freeze This Cinnamon Bun Bread?
You can freeze the bread in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for up to two months
If you are a cinnamon roll lover, this quick cinnamon roll bread is just the recipe you need to satisfy your cravings. With the warm spiced flavor of cinnamon rolls, you will love a slice of this soft and moist bread for breakfast.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe FAQs
If you prefer to make this bread in miniature loaf pans, you certainly can. You would have to adjust the baking time and keep a close eye on the bread to make sure it doesn’t bake too long.
The oils in the cinnamon affect yeast and causing the bread to not rise quite as much.
Not having a binder mixed with the cinnamon sugar can cause the cinnamon swirl to separate. Adding an egg wash or a little bit of flour to the cinnamon and sugar mixture can help prevent this.
In our recipe, there are 543 grams of carbs in one serving of this bread.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Garlic Bread
- Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Bread
- Eggnog Bread
- Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Fritter Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Bread
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread
- Strawberry Bread
- Carrot Cake Roll
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Campfire Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Cookies and Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Crisp
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Pineapple Bread
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Carrot Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Donuts
- Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon Swirl and Topping
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the 9×5-inch loaf pan with a parchment paper sling. Spray generously with Baker’s Joy or a generic version. Set it aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, sour cream, sugar, egg, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until all the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Add the sugar and ground cinnamon to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spread ⅓ of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the bottom batter layer.
- Spread ⅓ of the batter on top of the cinnamon layer. Evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the second batter layer.
- Spread the remaining batter over the second layer of the cinnamon layer. Finally, sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture over the top of the final layer of batter. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes away clean. Allow the bread to cool completely. (The longer the bread is allowed to rest, the easier it will be to slice.) Slice into ½-inch sections.
- This delicious recipe freezes really well. Make a double batch and freeze the second loaf for later.
- Lining the pan with the parchment paper sling will allow you to lift the entire loaf of bread out of the pan for easier cutting once cooled.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your bread at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
Most Popular Recipes
- Screwdriver Drink
- Monkey Bread
- Toll House Cookie Recipe
- Peach Dump Cake
- Birthday Cake Delight
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Roll
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- No Sugar Pumpkin Pie
- Applesauce Cookies
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Roll Cookies
- Applesauce Cake
- Pumpkin Dip
- Pumpkin Delight