Classic Tuna Melt
Are you thinking about back-to-school yet? Sam and I have been talking about what new and exciting things are ahead of him as he enters first grade this fall. Hes eager to get thereIm missing him already! I know that every grade is important, but I also recognize that what happens in first grade can color a kids mindset about school long term. Im really grateful Sam has positive experiences to build on from kindergarten. Ive already been making a list of good after-school snacks and lunch menus to keep Sam healthy this year. I think this classic tuna melt will be a great option. Have you ever made it this way? Delicious!
- Plan a great backyard get to-together with these Veggie Grilled Avocado Tacos.
- Cook up this Easy Baked Ziti Recipe for a delicious and simple dinner idea.
- Tuna, 2 cans, drained
- Onion, medium size, chopped
- Celery, 1/2 a stalk, chopped
- Garlic (1 clove), minced
- Parsley, 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Mayonnaise, 3-4 tablespoons
- Olive Oil, 3 tablespoons, divided
- Mozzarella, 1/3 cup, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Black Pepper, to taste
- Bread, sliced
- Butter, softened
- Drain water or oil from tuna, then fork tuna into a medium bowl. Chop onion, celery, and parsley. Mince garlic and add ingredients to tuna. Add mayonnaise, olive oil and mozzarella cheese. Combine all ingredients until well incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a non-stick skillet on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When skillet is hot, take a slice of bread and generously spread butter on one side. Place bread buttered side down in hot skillet. Using a spoon, scoop about 2 tablespoons of tuna salad on bread while it is browning. Butter another slice of bread and place non-buttered side on top of tuna. Utilizing a spatula, check to see if bread is toasted brown; if so, turn tuna melt over and grill until golden brown. Set tuna melt on paper towels and allow to cool enough to serve.
Create a meal they will love with these great ideas gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack, 15 7/8″ X 9 7/8″
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set, 16 5/8 x 11
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan, Set of 3
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Black
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great sandwich ideas for delicious lunch ideas.
Don’t miss 3 Ways to Make Sandwiches More Interesting…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week