Caramel Apple Crisp Bites are a fun play on a classic fall dessert. This recipe is so yummy and makes for the best mini apple crisp. Each bite is bursting with gooey, warm apple filling and drizzled caramel, all inside a crunchy graham cracker crust.
Top off your Caramel Apple Crisp Bites with this creamy No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream. It is the perfect compliment over the top of warm apple crisp. Be sure to also try our other yummy, warm, fruit desserts. Easy Blackberry Cobbler and Caramel Apple Dump Cake are both delicious and easy!
CARAMEL APPLE CRISP BITES INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 ¼ tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CARAMEL APPLE CRISP BITES
Graham cracker crumbs: I used store bought graham cracker crumbs in a can. I find these to work the best, and it saves time. However, you could make your own graham cracker crumbs at home by crushing them up in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin, or by putting them in the food processor.
Apples: Any type of apples will work, so you can use your favorites in your caramel apple crisp bites! It’s so fun to take a trip to the orchard and pick your own apples to use in your recipe. One thing I have found is that sweeter varieties tend to taste the best. Empire, Granny Smith, or HoneyCrisp work well. We used Golden Delicious in our recipe and it turned out perfect.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARAMEL APPLE CRISP BITES RECIPE
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
STEP TWO: Grease pan with non-stick butter spray.
STEP THREE: Melt butter.
STEP FOUR: In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon (slowly add the butter and evenly distribute).
PRO TIP: It’s best to start by using a 1/2 cup of butter. Melt the butter and add slowly to the crumbs, a little bit at a time, making sure it’s not too wet. You can always add more or save the leftover butter for later. You want a soft dough that sticks together slightly when you try to form a ball, not a wet dough.
STEP FIVE: Evenly distribute mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Press along the bottom and sides to make a “cup” then, bake for 5 minutes and let cool completely.
STEP SIX: Chop the apples into little pieces, I used a mini food processor. Don’t puree, just finely chop.
STEP SEVEN: Mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
STEP EIGHT: Bake in a baking dish for 15 minutes at 375 degrees, until the apples are slightly softened.
STEP NINE: Scoop a teaspoon or so of the apple mix and place on top of the graham cracker crust cups (while still in the muffin pan).
STEP TEN: Sprinkle any extra graham cracker on top of the apples (I had some left over!)
STEP ELEVEN: Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. When finished baking, let them cool completely.
STEP TWELVE: Use a knife to loosen from the pan and they should pop right out.
STEP THIRTEEN: Drizzle them with caramel, serve and enjoy!
IN THE FRIDGE: I recommend storing leftover caramel apple crisp bites in an airtight container in the fridge. I find that this will keep your ingredients the freshest. It also helps to keep the mini bites intact better. When serving, you can always pop them in the microwave to warm them up and get the gooey filling you desire!
Caramel Apple Crisp Bites are the perfect fall dessert to make after a trip to the orchard. Fresh, crisp apples make for a warm fruit filling, drizzled with creamy caramel, all inside the perfect graham cracker crust. These bite sized treats are the mini version of the classic dessert everyone loves, and they are so delicious!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used store bought in a can. I find these to work the best)
- 12 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples (we used golden delicious)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Caramel topping (store bought!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease pan with non-stick butter spray
- Melt butter
- In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon (slowly add the butter and evenly distribute – PLEASE SEE UPDATE/NOTE BELOW)
- Evenly distribute mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Press along the bottom and sides to make a “cup”
- Bake for 5 minutes and let cool completely
- Chop the apples into little pieces – I used a mini food processor. Don’t puree, just finely chop
- Mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
- Bake in a baking dish for 15 minutes on 375 degrees, until apples are slightly softened
- Scoop a teaspoon or so of the apple mix and place on top of the graham cracker crust cups (while still in the muffin pan)
- Sprinkle any extra graham cracker on top of the apples (I had some left over!)
- Bake for 5 minutes on 350
- Let cool completely
- Use a knife to loosen from pan and they should pop right out
- Drizzle with caramel topping