August 17, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These mini pecan pie bites are a delightfully adorable bite-size treat full of sweetness and crunch. Baked in a mini muffin tin and filled with the sweet and gooey ingredients loved in a full-size pecan pie, these nutty treats are the perfect tiny snack for sharing.
PECAN PIE BITES INGREDIENTS
For the Pie Crust
- ¾ cup salted sweet cream butter, softened
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
For the Filling
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons salted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Add some extra sinful sweetness to these mini treats with a ½ cup of mini chocolate chips mixed into your pecan filling.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PECAN PIE BITES RECIPE
STEP ONE: Using a stand mixer, or in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter for 1 to 1 ½ minutes until smooth.
STEP TWO: Add the light brown sugar and continue to mix for 30 seconds.
STEP THREE: Add the flour and mix just until well incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Using a medium bowl, stir together the light brown sugar, light corn syrup, butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture is well incorporated.
STEP FIVE: Stir in the pecans and set filling aside.
You can toast the chopped pecans in a skillet on the stovetop for a few minutes before adding them. Allow them to cool completely before adding them to the filling.
STEP SIX: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
STEP SEVEN: Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and roll into balls.
STEP EIGHT: Using your thumb or a dough tamper, depress the dough into the individual muffin cups.
STEP NINE: Spoon enough pecan pie filling to fill the cups, being careful not to dribble the filling.
Be careful not to overfill the pies with the filling. It can bubble over and cause a mess.
STEP TEN: Bake bites for 12 to 15 minutes until the crust is golden.
You can loosely tent aluminum foil over the top of the muffin pan if your oven cooks unevenly or tends to cook too quickly.
STEP ELEVEN: Allow the mini pecan pies to cool completely before removing them from the pans.
HOW TO SERVE
Top each your mini desserts with a little dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat. If you find a full-sized slice of pecan pie a bit too sweet, these would be ideal to serve on a plate with a scoop of no-churn vanilla ice cream for a lighter dessert.
These would also be the perfect size and a great idea for cookie swaps during the holiday season. Add a few to a small decorative gift box to share with all your friends.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of your mini pies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
IN THE FREEZER: The baked pies can be stored tightly covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow the pies to completely thaw before serving.
These little bites of deliciousness are just the right size for a small snack or to add to a tray of baked delicacies. Filled with all the tasty nutty sweetness of pecan pie in a tiny package, they will be a hit this holiday season.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to one month.
If you can find mini tart shells that will fit into your mini muffin pan, you can certainly use those instead for these bite size pecan pies and fill them with the delicious homemade pecan filling.
You don’t absolutely need to store this mini pecan pie bites in the fridge but if keeping them at room temperature will make them too gooey, it may be best to store them in the fridge instead.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- S’mores Bites
- No Bake Cheesecake Bites
- Apple Pie Bites
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- S’mores Hand Pie
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Mini Pecan Cheesecake Bites
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Apple Cheesecakes
- Mini Rhubarb and Strawberry Pies
- Strawberry Pie Bars
- Butter Pecan Crunch
Pecan Pie Bites
- ¾ cup salted sweet cream butter softened
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups pecans chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons salted sweet cream butter melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using a stand mixer, or a handheld mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter for 1 to 1 ½ minutes until smooth.
- Add the light brown sugar and continue to mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and mix just until well incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the light brown sugar, light corn syrup, butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a mini muffin pan and set it aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and roll into balls.
- Using your thumb or a dough tamper, depress the dough into the individual muffin cups.
- Spoon enough pie filling to fill the cups, being careful not to dribble the filling.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Allow the mini pies to cool completely before removing them from the pans.