October 27, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These Ritz churro bites are going to take your taste buds on a mouthwatering journey. The delicious bite-sized pieces of heaven are utterly addictive, and as soon as they hit your tongue, you’ll be treated to the delectable combination of sweet and salty.
Ritz Churro Bites Ingredients
If you’re looking for a sweet and satisfying snack, you can’t go wrong with Ritz churro bites.
These crunchy little morsels are the perfect combination of crispy and chewy, with a sweet, cinnamon-sugar coating that will have you reaching for more.
- 1 (8.8-ounce) box of peanut butter Ritz bits cracker sandwiches
- ½ cup of salted sweet cream butter
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Substitutions And Additions
BUTTER: You can substitute margarine for the butter if you wish.
Just remember that margarine has a higher water content than butter. You may need to adjust your stovetop cooking time.
CRACKERS: If you cannot find the peanut butter Ritz bits, or if you have a nut allergy, you can substitute plain Ritz minis for these delicious treats.
Prepare the recipe as instructed above.
CINNAMON: If you’re looking to change up the flavor profile, consider substituting ground cinnamon with other warming spices like ground nutmeg, cloves, or allspice.
Each of these spices can bring a unique twist to the churro bites, offering a slightly different aromatic and taste experience.
VANILLA EXTRACT: To add depth to the flavor, you can experiment with different extracts like almond or maple instead of vanilla.
These alternative extracts can infuse the churro bites with distinct and delightful nuances that appeal to your taste buds.
How To Make This Ritz Churro Bites Recipe
The coating comes together quickly before you drizzle it on the mini Ritz crackers and bake them. Once cooled, toss them with cinnamon and sugar for the perfect churro-infused flavor.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can make the recipe in the air fryer. Bake at 350°F for 7 minutes.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with two layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
STEP TWO: Spread the Ritz bits crackers in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Set it aside.
STEP THREE: Add the butter, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, and a half teaspoon of cinnamon to a 2 to 3-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a low boil for 1 to 1½ minutes. Be sure to stir frequently.
STEP FOUR: Remove the saucepan from the heat. Carefully spoon the butter mixture over the layer of Ritz crackers.
Use tongs or a silicone spatula to “toss” the crackers until well coated. Bake for ten minutes.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your crackers as the suggested baking time approaches.
STEP FIVE: Add the white sugar and ground cinnamon to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Set it aside.
STEP SIX: Remove the crackers from the oven. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture over top of the crackers.
Allow the crackers to cool completely. Once cooled, “break” the churro bites apart. Serve once completely cooled.
How To Serve
Enjoy this sweet treat for an afternoon snack, evening snack, or any other time you feel like a treat.
These addictive little bites would be yummy with a Wendy’s Frosty or a cold glass of milk to wash them down.
These delightful bites are made to be shared, so why not pair them with something equally scrumptious?
If you can’t get enough of the sweet flavor of churros, our Disney churros are always a hit.
Our chocolate peanut butter Ritz cookies are another snack you may not be able to resist.
Whether you’ve made a big batch for a party or simply want to savor them over time, we’ve got you covered with these storage tips.
ON THE COUNTER: Store churro Ritz bits in an airtight container for up to seven days at room temperature.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing these Ritz bits churro bites as they may get soggy.
We doubt you’ll have any leftovers anyway!
Why We Love This Recipe
IRRESISTIBLE CRUNCH: These churro bites are perfectly crispy on the outside, giving you that satisfying crunch with every bite, just like traditional churros.
EASY AND QUICK: With Ritz crackers as the base, this recipe is incredibly easy and quick to make. You can satisfy your churro cravings without spending hours in the kitchen.
KID FRIENDLY: Kids adore these churro bites, making them a fantastic treat for family gatherings, birthday parties, or simply as a fun and delicious snack.
With their creamy center and decadent cinnamon sugar coating, these Ritz churro bites will quickly become one of your favorite snacks for any occasion. They are an easy way to get your churro “fix” with minimal effort, and they will have you hooked from the first bite.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We don’t recommend freezing this sweet snack as the crackers may not have the same crunchy texture once thawed.
This easy recipe will be perfectly fine kept on the counter or in your pantry in an airtight container.
For this delicious treat, you could also use plain Ritz minis instead of the Ritz bits sandwich crackers.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Coconut Chocolate Balls
- Mini Apple Cheesecakes
- Churro Cupcakes
Ritz Churro Bites
- 8.8 ounces peanut butter Ritz bits cracker sandwiches
- ½ cup salted sweet cream butter
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Spread the Ritz bits crackers in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Set it aside.
- Add the butter, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon to a 2 to 3-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil for 1 to 1½ minutes. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Carefully spoon the butter mixture over the layer of Ritz bits crackers. Use tongs or a silicone spatula to “toss” the crackers until well coated. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Set it aside.
- Remove the cracker from the oven. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the crackers. Allow to cool completely. Once cooled, “break” the churro bites apart. Serve once completely cooled.
- You can make the recipe in the air fryer. Bake at 350°F for 7 minutes.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your crackers as the suggested baking time approaches.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Texas Sheet Cake Bites
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Disney Churros
- Chocolate Orange Truffles
- Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers Dipped in White Chocolate
- Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pecan Pie Bites
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bites
- Cheesecake Bites
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Truffles
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Coconut Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Monkey Bread
- Coconut Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Nutter Butters