This Pistachio Salad is a classic recipe I stole from my grandma — you’ll want to make it again and again!
With all this great summer weather we’re having, we have regularly been getting together with friends for cook-outs and picnics. I love it!
Squealing kids cavort under the shade trees, giving the adults opportunity for conversation without too many interruptions. Everybody brings a dish or two to share so the onus of fixing for a group is no big deal.
The pistachio pudding salad I’m sharing with you today is an often requested favorite from my kitchen.
- You do not want to miss out on these Cream Cheese Bacon Bombs.
- Cool off this summer with 21 Frozen Treats Perfect for Summer.
- This Banana Pudding is another simple treat that you’ll love!
- Be sure to make this ambrosia salad soon, too… you’ll be glad you did!
My grandma made this recipe over and over for me when I was little. It’s a favorite for me and all my boys.
Good friends, good food, laughter and summer—does it get any better than this?
Pistachio fruit salad is always a crowd pleaser. And it’s crazy simple to make.
It’s shown up at quite a few family get-togethers lately too, since it is a favorite of my boys.
They also love helping to make it.
I think they’ve made and eaten this so many times in their lives, they could probably do it without any help from mama at this point.
I’m sure it has something to do with the fact that it’s green. My youngest son is obsessed with the color green.
This is a recipe I got from my grandma, my Nannie.
She’s an incredible cook. Her food is my favorite!
Sometimes she pulls out something quick and easy to make, like this pistachio dessert salad.
My dad always laughs and says it is really more like a dessert but he doesn’t feel guilty eating it since it’s called a salad.
And he always asks for seconds!
It reminds me of ambrosia salad, which is another family favorite that we love.
Ingredients for Pistachio Salad Recipe
I make sure to always have these on hand, so I can make pistachio fluff at a moment’s notice.
Especially critical on bad days or last minute celebrations. 🙂
You’ll need cool whip or whipped cream, instant pistachio pudding mix, shredded coconut and crushed pineapple.
Sometimes I like to add miniature marshmallows in as well.
You can also add chopped pistachios and maraschino cherries for garnish if you so desire.
My boys fight over the cherries, so I always make sure to put enough in for everyone to get some.
How to Make Pistachio Salad
Ready for how easy this is?
In a large bowl, start by mixing the crushed pineapple and pudding mix until mix has completely dissolved and the pineapple is thick.
Stir in coconut and whipped topping.
Finally, transfer to serving bowl and top with chopped pistachios and cherries.
If you want to add marshmallows, do that before you transfer to a serving bowl and give everything a good stir.
Voila! Pistachio cool whip salad!
If you have family reunions this summer or friendly get togethers in your future, remember this sweet and easy pistachio jello salad idea.
It’ll only take you moments to prepare, it looks pretty, it transports easily and it’s delicious!
- 2 small boxes of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- chopped pistachios and maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix pineapple and pudding mix until mix has completely dissolved and the pineapple is thick.
- Stir in coconut and whipped topping.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with chopped pistachios and cherries.
Create an amazing dessert with help from these great baking ideas gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great summer recipes:
- Salmon Foil Packet with Summer Vegetables
- Grilled Sandwich Bar Menu
- The Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe