Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
I don’t know why I don’t use pumpkin more often, but during this season I’m always reminded of how much I like the distinct flavor of pumpkin, and the moist quality it adds to baked goods. This recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Pecan Praline Topping would be an excellent addition to a party dessert table (bars make easy hand-helds) or even as an option for a Thanksgiving dessert.
- Let your dessert table shine with these 19 Ways to Make Your Thanksgiving Cupcakes Stand Out.
- Keep little ones busy this Thanksgiving with 11 Thanksgiving Handprint and Footprint Crafts your Kids will Love that will make wonderful keepsakes for the years to come.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars w/ Pecan Praline Topping
- 1 C gingersnap crumbs
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- rectangular springform pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a rectangular springform pan with baking spray.
2. Pulse together the gingersnaps crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and sugar until they are fine crumbs.
3. Add butter and pulse to blend. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes .
5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 1 package cream cheese, at room temperature ( 8 ounce)
- 1 C brown sugar
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. On medium speed, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the pumpkin and mix on low speed until fully blended.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine the milk and vanilla, beating until well combined. Stir in the spices and salt, mixing on low.
5. Pour onto the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Pecan Praline Topping Ingredients
- 2 C finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 2+ tablespoons water
1. Add nuts, brown sugar and water in same bowl.
2. Spread over the top of the pumpkin cheesecake.
1. Bake for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
3. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Cut into squares.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Bake up a great Thanksgiving treat with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Greenco Set of 12 Vibrant Colors Ice Cream Dessert Bowls and Spoons
- Stackable Old-fashioned Soda Fountain Plastic Goblet Parfait Ice Cream Cups Bowls
- Meri Meri Ice Cream Van with Cups and Spoons, 12-Pack
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great Thanksgiving ideas kids will love.
- Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Ideas
- 17 Cute Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
- 55 Free Thanksgiving Games, Crafts, Coloring pages, and more
Don’t forget to check out 11 Cute Thanksgiving Party Food Ideas…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week