Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Pizza Muffins have all the delicious flavors of pizza, but in the convenient shape of a muffin. These homemade muffins are perfect to pack in your kid’s lunchbox or to freeze for a quick and healthy meal at a later date.
ingredients for pizza muffins
You will need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter, melted
- 1 package of mini pepperoni, sliced
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 teaspoons of pizza sauce
SUBSTITUTIONS and ADDITIONS
Pizza Sauce: If you don’t have pizza sauce to hand, you can make your own with half tomato paste and half ketchup
Pepperoni: If you prefer a vegetarian pizza, just leave this out. Or for a healthier option, you could substitute it for chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn, chopped broccoli, or diced black olives.
HOW TO MAKE this PIZZA MUFFINS recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a six-serving muffin tray with cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Combine the flour, garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, baking powder, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
STEP THREE: Add the milk, eggs, melted butter, and three-quarters of the chopped pepperoni. Stir to combine.
PRO TIP: The batter will be runny, this is normal!
STEP FIVE: Fill the muffin pan a quarter of the way with batter. Sprinkle a tablespoon of Cheddar cheese into each muffin.
STEP SIX: Add more batter until the pan is three-quarters full. Add a dollop of pizza sauce, more Cheddar cheese and the remaining sliced pepperoni. Press the ingredients down a little.
PRO TIP: The muffins will rise in the oven, so don’t overfill the tray.
STEP SEVEN: Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the pizzas cool in the muffin tray for five minutes before serving.
IN THE FRIDGE: Pizza muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can serve them cold or warm them in the microwave.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze pizza muffins for up to three months. Flash freeze them in the muffin tray for an hour or two, then place them into an airtight container in the freezer. You can reheat pizza muffins from frozen in the microwave in two minutes.
This pizza muffin recipe makes six servings, but you could always double up the ingredients and freeze some for later. Delicious served at any time of the day, you can reheat them in the microwave to enjoy a quick and easy lunch or a late-night snack.
more recipes you’ll love
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 package mini pepperoni divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 tsp pizza sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop 3/4 of the mini pepperoni into 1/4 inch pieces and set aside.
- Combine the flour, garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, baking powder, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, egg, melted butter, and half the package of chopped pepperoni to the batter and stir to combine. Note that the batter will be runny!
- Spray a regular sized 6-serving muffin tin with cooking spray. You can easily double the recipe for a 12-muffin tin.
- Fill the bottom of the muffin pan 1/4 of the way full with batter, then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese in the middle.
- Add more batter on top of the cheese, filling it only about 3/4 of the way full.
- Add a dollop of pizza sauce on the top, sprinkle with more cheddar, and add mini pepperoni. Then press ingredients down into batter just a bit. TIP: When baking, the muffins will form into a dome, so you want to be careful to not overfill or you'll have a mess on your hands.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs.
- Let the muffins rest in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing them.