September 7, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Pizza muffins have all the delicious flavors of pizza but in the convenient shape of a muffin. The muffin batter replaces the pizza dough, and the muffins are stuffed with tasty pizza toppings and ooey-gooey cheese.
Pizza Muffins Ingredients
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter, melted
- 1 package of mini pepperoni, sliced
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 teaspoons of pizza sauce
Substitutions And Additions
PIZZA SAUCE: If you don’t have pizza sauce on hand, you can make your own tomato sauce with half tomato paste and half ketchup.
PEPPERONI: If you aren’t a fan of pepperoni, just leave the pepperoni slices out. You could also substitute them for Italian sausage or bacon.
VEGETABLES: If you prefer a vegetarian pizza, add chopped tomatoes, green pepper, sweetcorn, chopped broccoli, diced black olives, or any of your other favorite toppings.
CHEESE: Mozzarella cheese would be a great substitute for cheddar cheese. You could also mix half cheddar and half mozzarella.
How To Make This Pizza Muffins Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tray with cooking spray.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If you are using a jumbo muffin tray, you will get 6 pizza muffins out of this recipe.
STEP TWO: Combine the flour, garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, baking powder, and grated parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
STEP THREE: Add the milk, eggs, melted butter, and three-quarters of the chopped pepperoni to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
The batter will be runny, this is normal!
STEP FOUR: Fill the muffin pan a quarter of the way with batter. Sprinkle a tablespoon of cheddar cheese into each muffin.
STEP FIVE: Add more batter until the pan is three-quarters full. Add a dollop of pizza sauce, more cheddar cheese, and the remaining sliced pepperoni. Press the ingredients down a little.
The muffins will rise in the oven, so don’t overfill the muffin cups.
STEP SIX: Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the pizzas cool in the muffin tray for five minutes before serving.
How To Serve
Serve these easy pizza muffins for a quick snack or an easy lunch. These homemade muffins are great options for lunch boxes for kids and grown-ups alike.
Storing Pepperoni Muffins
IN THE FRIDGE: Baked pizza muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can serve them cold or warm them in the microwave.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze these savory muffins for up to three months. Flash-freeze them in the muffin tray for an hour or two, then place them into an airtight container or freezer bag in the freezer.
You can reheat pizza muffins from frozen in the microwave in two minutes.
This pizza muffins recipe makes twelve servings, but you could always double up the ingredients and freeze some for later. Delicious served at any time of the day, you can reheat them in the microwave to enjoy a quick and easy lunch or a late-night snack. The only problem will be not eating them all in one sitting!
Frequently Asked Questions
These easy pepperoni pizza muffins freeze well for up to three months and would be a great idea for meal prep. Make them ahead and freeze them for lunches at home or for on the go.
These pizza muffins are quite flexible. You can customize the ingredients to your liking. If you prefer a vegetarian option, then just leave out the pepperoni and add more veggies.
We have not tried to make a mini version of these muffins, but I suspect they would turn out well and would be the perfect size for little people. You would have to adjust your cooking time for mini muffins.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Campfire Pizza
- Pepperoni Rolls
- Pizza Dough Recipe
- Easy Pepperoni Rolls
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- Campfire Dessert Pizza
- Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Muffin Pan Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Pizzas
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Pizza Pockets
- Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 package mini pepperoni, divided
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 teaspoons pizza sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Chop ¾ of the mini pepperoni into ¼-inch pieces and set aside.
- Combine the flour, garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, baking powder, and grated parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, egg, melted butter, and half the package of chopped pepperoni to the batter and stir to combine. Note that the batter will be runny.
- Spray a regular-sized 12-serving muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill the bottom of the muffin pan ¼ of the way full with batter, then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese in the middle.
- Add more batter on top of the cheese, filling it only about ¾ of the way full.
- Add a dollop of pizza sauce on the top, sprinkle with more cheddar, and add mini pepperoni. Then press ingredients down into batter just a bit.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 22 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs.
- Let the muffins rest in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing them.
- If you are using a jumbo muffin tray, you will get 6 pizza muffins out of this recipe.
- The batter will be runny, this is normal!
- When baking, the muffins will form into a dome, so you want to be careful to not overfill or you’ll have a mess on your hands.