December 9, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Chaffles are the latest recipe for everyone who’s loving the keto craze! What’s a chaffle? Cheese + Waffle = Chaffle! This easy, cheesy, low-carb meal will satisfy your hunger while also helping you stay on your diet. Make tasty sandwiches and breakfast waffles with this recipe. All you need is mozzarella cheese and a few eggs!
For more easy, low-carb, or keto recipes check out Our 19 Keto-Friendly Recipes! If you’re in the mood for a low-carb side-dish try our Cauliflower Breadstick Recipe.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Oven Baked Bacon | Egg Bites
You will need:
- 5 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Mozzarella: Use a soy-based mozzarella cheese for a dairy-free substitution!
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHAFFLE RECIPE
STEP ONE: First, make sure your waffle maker is nice and warm!
PRO TIP: You can use any waffle iron you want but we recommend the Mini Dash waffle iron for the best chaffles. Make perfect-sized chaffles in this non-stick small waffle iron that sits perfectly on any kitchen counter.
STEP TWO: Whisk together mozzarella and eggs.
PRO TIP: To add a bit more flavor stir in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning into the mixture.
STEP THREE: Spray your waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray for easy cleanup.
STEP FOUR: Pour ⅓ of your mixture into the waffle iron.
PRO TIP: Make sure the mix is heavier towards the middle and lighter around the edges so it doesn’t spill or overflow.
STEP FIVE: Cook your chaffle for 3 to 5 minutes until it is golden brown.
STEP SIX: Repeat all steps two more times for a total of 3 yummy chaffles!
PRO TIP: Add some fresh strawberries or other fruit on the side or on top of your chaffle to bring out the flavor, just make sure your diet allows!
STEP SEVEN: Serve hot or warm.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed food storage container for 1 to 2 days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store leftover chaffles in a freezer bag (2 per bag) with a piece of parchment paper separating each one.
You’re going to love this easy, low-carb recipe for super cheesy chaffles! When you’re craving carbs this recipe will help satisfy that need for bread with none of the guilt.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 5 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Heat waffle maker.
- Whisk together eggs and mozzarella.Tip: To add a bit of flavor, stir in 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning into the mixture.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour ⅓ of the mixture into waffle maker.Tip: Make sure mixtureis heavier in the middle and lighter around the edges so that it doesn’t overflow when cooking.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until chaffle is golden brown.
- Repeat steps two more times for a total of 3 waffles. Tip: Add some fresh strawberries or other fruit on the side or on top of your chaffle to bring out the flavor, just make sure your diet allows!
- Serve hot or warm.
We really like these when we’re doing keto!