Last updated on
Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My
Lazy Cooking Bundle
Chaffles are the latest recipe for everyone who’s loving the keto craze! What’s a chaffle? Cheese + Waffle = Chaffle! This easy, cheesy, low-carb meal will satisfy your hunger while also helping you stay on your diet. Make tasty sandwiches and breakfast waffles with this recipe. All you need is mozzarella cheese and a few eggs!
You will need:
- 5 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Mozzarella: Use a soy-based mozzarella cheese for a dairy-free substitution!
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHAFFLE RECIPE
STEP ONE: First, make sure your waffle maker is nice and warm!
PRO TIP: You can use any waffle iron you want but we recommend the Mini Dash waffle iron for the best chaffles. Make perfect-sized chaffles in this non-stick small waffle iron that sits perfectly on any kitchen counter.
STEP TWO: Whisk together mozzarella and eggs.
PRO TIP: To add a bit more flavor stir in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning into the mixture.
STEP THREE: Spray your waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray for easy cleanup.
STEP FOUR: Pour ⅓ of your mixture into the waffle iron.
PRO TIP: Make sure the mix is heavier towards the middle and lighter around the edges so it doesn’t spill or overflow.
STEP FIVE: Cook your chaffle for 3 to 5 minutes until it is golden brown.
STEP SIX: Repeat all steps two more times for a total of 3 yummy chaffles!
PRO TIP: Add some fresh strawberries or other fruit on the side or on top of your chaffle to bring out the flavor, just make sure your diet allows!
STEP SEVEN: Serve hot or warm.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed food storage container for 1 to 2 days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store leftover chaffles in a freezer bag (2 per bag) with a piece of parchment paper separating each one.
You’re going to love this easy, low-carb recipe for super cheesy chaffles! When you’re craving carbs this recipe will help satisfy that need for bread with none of the guilt.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 5 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Heat waffle maker.
- Whisk together eggs and mozzarella.Tip: To add a bit of flavor, stir in 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning into the mixture.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour ⅓ of the mixture into waffle maker.Tip: Make sure mixtureis heavier in the middle and lighter around the edges so that it doesn’t overflow when cooking.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until chaffle is golden brown.
- Repeat steps two more times for a total of 3 waffles. Tip: Add some fresh strawberries or other fruit on the side or on top of your chaffle to bring out the flavor, just make sure your diet allows!
- Serve hot or warm.