September 19, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
If you’re looking for an easy way to satisfy those cravings without all the mess and fuss traditional fried donuts require, then air fryer donuts might be just the thing for you. These donuts are light, fluffy on the inside, and delightfully crisp on the outside, with a sweet cinnamon sugar coating to finish them off; perfect for any occasion!
Air Fryer Donuts Ingredients
The overall flavor of air fryer donuts can be described as warm, light, fluffy, and buttery – simply irresistible. If you want a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth craving, then air fryer donuts will hit the spot!
For a little bit of extra sweetness, a delicious cinnamon sugar coating will finish them off nicely.
- 1 can of grands buttermilk biscuits (10 count)
- 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
For The Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
Substitutions And Additions
BISCUITS: You can use different biscuits, but it may affect the texture and cooking time in the air fryer.
How To Make This Air Fryer Donuts Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 300°F.
STEP TWO: Open the can of biscuits, separate them, and lay them on some parchment paper so they don’t stick to the countertop.
STEP THREE: With a 1-inch cookie cutter or the wide end of a frosting tip, cut a hole in the center of each biscuit.
STEP FOUR: With your hands, smooth around the edges to make an even donut shape.
STEP FIVE: Brush the melted butter over each donut.
STEP SIX: Spray the inside of the air fryer before placing the donuts in. Leave space between each donut and bake in a single layer
STEP SEVEN: Bake for six minutes.
For The Cinnamon Sugar
STEP ONE: In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
STEP TWO: Spray each donut with oil as you take them out of the air fryer.
STEP THREE: With a fork, pick up each donut and spray it with oil. Place each donut one at a time in the cinnamon sugar.
Turn the donut over a few times until it is completely covered with the sugar.
STEP FOUR: You can serve immediately.
How To Serve
These air fryer donuts with biscuits are delicious eaten warm or cold, and make the perfect treat for an easy breakfast surprise.
You could also try a freshly brewed cup of coffee or tea for guests to enjoy. If you’re feeling extra indulgent, why not pair your air fryer donuts with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or even fresh fruit?
Here’s a guide on how to store your air-fryer donuts, ensuring they remain as delightful as when you first made them.
IN THE FRIDGE: It is best to store these delicious donuts in an airtight container in the fridge for one to two days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze the donuts, but only freeze them before putting the cinnamon sugar coating on.
Store them in an airtight container for up to three months in the freezer labeled with a use-by date.
Skip the donut shop and whip up these easy air fryer donuts right in your own kitchen. The prep time is so quick that you will be enjoying a sweet and soft donut for a delicious breakfast in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy treat can be frozen for up to three months without the cinnamon sugar coating. It is best to wait to coat the donuts until you are ready to serve them.
If you don’t have a cookie cutter that is the right size, you could use a bottle cap, the wide end of a frosting tip, or even your hands to cut a hole in the middle of the biscuit dough.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Deep-Fried Oreos
- Disney Churros
- Funnel Cake
- Donut Sandwich
- Baked Sour Cream Donuts
- Pumpkin Donut Holes
- Pillsbury Biscuit Donuts
- Coffee Smoothie
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Coconut Macaroon Kisses
- Coffee Cake in a Mug
- Coconut Brownies
Air Fryer Donuts
- 1 can grands buttermilk biscuits, 10 count
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°F.
- Open the can of biscuits, separate them and lay them on some parchment paper so they don’t stick to the countertop.
- With a 1-inch cookie cutter or the wide end of a frosting tip, cut a hole in the center of each biscuit.
- With your hands smooth around the edges to make an even donut shape.
- Brush the melted butter over each donut.
- Spray the inside of the air fryer before placing the donuts in. Leave space between each donut and bake in a single layer
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spray each donut with oil as you take them out of the air fryer.
- With a fork, pick up each donut and spray with oil. Place each donut one at a time in the cinnamon sugar. Turn the donut over a few times until it is completely covered with the sugar.
- You can serve immediately.