Kids’ Lunch Ideas: Make Ahead Pizza Rolls
Our back-to-school preparations are a little different this year. Although we’re still home schooling our two youngest, our oldest is going back to day school. Coming up with lunch ideas that can be enjoyed at home as well as packed for school is a little more challenging. I’m determined to do it though. Who wants to have to come up with multiple choices for the same meal? Not this mama!
In our family, pizza flavored anything is always popular so one of my solutions will be this yummy homemade hot pockets recipe I got from my blog buddy, Melodee Fiske (so convenient to have innovative cooks on the Spaceship crew!).
No need to compromise with junk food when something this good is so easy to put together! I like being able to choose ingredients I am comfortable serving my family. I am impressed with Horizon products and we all enjoy the taste of real food.
Add chocolate milk and fresh fruit and no one will leave the table hungry. This mom will be relieved to know all of my boys are eating well, with choices they’ll be excited about and I can approve.
These hot pockets are delicious hot from the oven but they’re just as good cold.
P.S. If you have any leftovers, these make great after-school snacks, too.
- 1 can large crescent rolls
- 8 slices large pepperoni
- 1 8-ounce block of Horizon Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Horizon butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- Unroll the crescents and lay out each individual piece.
- Starting at the wide end, fold a piece of pepperoni in half and lay it on top of the dough.
- Cut a ½ inch slice of cheese off the block and place on top of the pepperoni.
- Fold the sides of the crescent dough over the top of the cheese and pepperoni and roll towards the narrow end.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix butter, garlic powder and parsley together.
- Spread each roll with garlic butter.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly; serve with marinara sauce.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week