October 18, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- Ingredients For Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies Substitutions And Additions
- How To Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- How To Serve This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Storing Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Why We Love This Recipe
- Get Delicious Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies In Just 20 Minutes!
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe FAQs
- More Recipes You’ll Love
- JUMP TO RECIPE
- Even More Recipes You’ll Love
If you are looking for cookies that are soft and chewy with a sweet and salty flavor, these peanut butter oatmeal cookies are the perfect cookie. Homemade cookie fans are going to love these as they blend three things we all love: oatmeal, peanut butter, and of course, chocolate!
Ingredients For Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are a delightful blend of nutty and chewy flavors.
They offer a perfect balance of sweetness and texture, making them a must-try for those who love the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of quick-cook oats
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies Substitutions And Additions
BUTTER: Cutting out butter? While it may cause a change in flavor and make your recipe a bit ‘coconut-y’, coconut oil can be used as a 1:1 substitute for butter.
EGG: If you’re looking to replace the egg, using a quarter cup (approximately 65 grams) of applesauce or a quarter cup of pureed bananas can replace a single egg.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Try dark or white chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips to change the flavor of these easy cookies.
PEANUT BUTTER: We used smooth peanut butter, but if you prefer crunchy peanut butter, you could use that as well.
OATS: We recommend using quick oats rather than old-fashioned oats in this recipe.
How To Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Let’s get started making the simple cookie dough for these delectable treats.
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, with a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until the mixture is fluffy.
STEP THREE: Add in your single egg and vanilla and mix until there are no lumps.
STEP FOUR: Put your dry ingredients together in a separate medium bowl. Mix ingredients together.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Sift your flour and other dry ingredients making sure to get rid of any lumps.
STEP FIVE: Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
STEP SIX: Stir in the chocolate chips.
Leave about 1½ to 2 inches of space between cookies on the sheet, keeping in mind that they’ll expand quite a bit.
STEP SEVEN: Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls and place the dough ball on the prepared baking sheet.
STEP EIGHT: Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
To judge if your cookies are ready, remove the cookie sheet from the oven a bit and push at the sides of a cookie lightly with a spatula or your finger.
If the edge stays firm and doesn’t fall inwards, then your cookies are done.
How To Serve This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Peanut butter fans will enjoy these chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
Is your sweet tooth still craving more peanut butter?
MORE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
Storing Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Here’s your guide to storing and making these delightful treats ahead:
MAKE AHEAD: If you want to plan ahead or have some cookie dough you don’t want to bake all at once, you can make the dough and shape it into cookie portions.
Store the portions in an airtight container or resealable freezer bag. Keep the dough in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to bake, simply take out the desired number of portions, let them thaw slightly on a baking sheet, and then bake as usual.
ON THE COUNTER: These cookies should be good for a couple of days in an airtight container at room temperature.
IN THE FRIDGE: In an airtight container, these oatmeal peanut butter cookies can be refrigerated for about a week or more.
They’ll still last after that point; they just might get a bit stale.
IN THE FREEZER: For a longer-lasting option, these easy peanut butter oatmeal cookies can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months.
Make sure they have cooled off before sealing them in their containers, and remember to thaw before serving!
Why We Love This Recipe
DELICIOUSLY CHEWY: These cookies boast a delightfully chewy texture that’s the perfect blend of soft and slightly crispy, making each bite incredibly satisfying.
IRRESISTIBLE PEANUT BUTTER FLAVOR: The rich and nutty taste of peanut butter is the star of these cookies, offering a comforting and classic flavor.
EASY TO MAKE: With straightforward ingredients and step-by-step instructions, this recipe is beginner-friendly, making it accessible to bakers of all skill levels.
Get Delicious Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies In Just 20 Minutes!
In just 20 minutes, you’ll have an ooey-gooey, sweet, and salty chewy cookie your whole family will love. You’ll be obsessed with the hearty texture that’s crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside of the best peanut butter oatmeal cookies around.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe FAQs
This easy recipe can be frozen for up to three months in an airtight container.
The smaller pieces of quick oats are best in these cookies, but if you only have old-fashioned oats, just pulse them in a food processor a few times to make the pieces a bit smaller.
We used creamy peanut butter but you can use crunchy peanut butter if you’d like.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Peanut Butter Cups Cookie Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Disneyland Peanut Butter Squares
- Peanut Butter Dream Bars
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together butters and sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sift your flour and other dry ingredients making sure to get rid of any lumps.
- Leave about 1½ to 2 inches of space between cookies on the sheet, keeping in mind that they’ll expand quite a bit.
- To quickly judge if your cookies are ready, remove the rack from the oven a bit, and push at the sides of a cookie lightly with either a spatula or carefully your finger. If the edge stays firm and doesn’t fall inwards, then your cookies are done.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- DoubleTree Cookies
- Applesauce Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- No Bake Cookies with Peanut Butter