December 8, 2021
Table of Contents
- These cool camping ideas include hacks, tips and tricks that will save you time, money and frustration
- 1. Keep your matches dry in a Mason Jar.
- 2. Store Your Scrambled Eggs in a Bottle
- 3. Cook your cinnamon rolls on a campfire inside an orange.
- 4. Keep your toilet paper dry inside a coffee container.
- 5. hack a milk jug and headlamp into a camping lantern.
- 6. make Campfire Eclairs.
- 7. hack your Pancakes by prepping them at home.
- 8. serve Tacos in a Bag (dinner hack).
- 9. Make a fancy emergency Toilet from a bucket.
- 10. bring a mini Medicine Cabinet.
- 11. Store your spices in Tic-Tac CONTAINERS.
- 12. DIY a Soap Pouch from a Facecloth.
- 13. TURN A Shoe Organizer INTO AN Outdoor Kitchen Organizer
- 14. LINE YOUR Camping Tent Camping with Foam Floor Tiles.
- 15. DIY Your Own Fire Starters.
- 16. create a DIY Handwash Station.
- 17. DIY Marshmallow Roasting Sticks.
- 18. Store Briquette Fire StarterS in an egg carton.
- 19. Enjoy Campfire Cones.
- 20. Cook Crescent Rolls over a Campfire.
- 21. make the ultimate Campfire French Toast.
- 22. Cook Quesadillas over the Campfire.
- 23. Turn Pill BottleS into Mini First Aid Kits
- make camping more fun with these products:
- Plus, you do not want to miss 23 Awesome Camping Party Ideas...
These cool camping ideas include hacks, tips and tricks that will save you time, money and frustration
Camping can be so much fun, but it can also be a lot of work. But with a little pre-planning — and these camping hacks, tips, tricks and insider tips — you can be a happy camper.
From an emergency toilet, to a headlamp lantern hack, to storing medicine while camping to how to make campfire orange rolls, there is a little bit of everything included to make your camping experience even better.
Have the yummiest camping trip ever with these recipes, food and ideas you can make on a campfire.
1. Keep your matches dry in a Mason Jar.
Keep your matches dry by crafting your own Mason jar matchbox. Using the center circle of the canning jar lid, trace a circle on sandpaper. Hot glue the sandpaper circle to the jar lid circle. Store matches inside.
2. Store Your Scrambled Eggs in a Bottle
No-mess scrambled eggs coming at you! Avoid the mess of cracked eggs around the campfire by prepping the eggs at home and storing the scrambled egg mixture in a lidded plastic bottle. Use a permanent marker to label the bottle to show the quantity of eggs in hash marks.
3. Cook your cinnamon rolls on a campfire inside an orange.
From Truly Simple
Breakfast over a campfire can be delicious as these easy campfire orange rolls show. All you need: oranges cut in half & gutted, store bought orange roll dough, tinfoil, a cookie sheet or pan, and a campfire. Prepare to be amazed.
4. Keep your toilet paper dry inside a coffee container.
From Field and Stream
Keep your TP (toilet paper) dry and safe by repurposing an empty plastic coffee container as a toilet paper holder. Place the TP inside & cut a slit in the side large enough for the paper to pull through. Poke a small hole in the bottom of the can and the lid and run a string through it to use to hang the TP off of the ground.
5. hack a milk jug and headlamp into a camping lantern.
Need the light of a lantern, but only have a small headlamp? A gallon milk jug or translucent laundry jug cleaned out and filled with water can help lighten things up. Just attach the headlamp with the light facing toward the inside of the jug to help expand the glow.
6. make Campfire Eclairs.
Move over S’mores – there’s a new camp treat in town. Using special DIY roasting sticks, store-bought crescent roll dough, pudding cups and chocolate frosting (marshmallows are optional), this treat may transform your camping dessert traditions.
7. hack your Pancakes by prepping them at home.
From A Mum ‘N the Oven
Save some hassle and mess by prepping your pancake mix at home. Store the batter in disposable frosting bags tied off at the end. When ready to cook, simply snip the end to create a “tip” for dispensing the batter. Throw away the bags when finished for easy cleanup.
8. serve Tacos in a Bag (dinner hack).
From Come Together Kids
Quickly serve up tacos (or taco salads) in a bag for a quick, but yummy dinner. Individual bags of tortilla chips (slightly crushed) become the “bowl” where traditional taco fixings are added—meat, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and sour cream. Mix together with a fork and you are ready to eat.
9. Make a fancy emergency Toilet from a bucket.
From Mom with a Prep
When the nearest bathroom isn’t near, this DIY toilet seat will come in handy. Make your own toilet using a 5 gallon bucket, heavy duty garbage bags, kitty litter, an inexpensive toilet seat, and a roll of toilet paper.
10. bring a mini Medicine Cabinet.
From Retro Roadies
Transform a simple dollar store pill storage container into a mini medicine cabinet for on-the-go remedies for common ailments.
11. Store your spices in Tic-Tac CONTAINERS.
From Picky Stitch
Recycle Tic-Tac containers and use them for your camping spice storage. This will save you from having to pack up bulky containers from your kitchen.
12. DIY a Soap Pouch from a Facecloth.
From Picky Stich
Hygiene and camping? With this DIY soap pouch, the impossible becomes possible. Make dozens of these from one towel, cut and sewed into small pouches to house bars of soap.
13. TURN A Shoe Organizer INTO AN Outdoor Kitchen Organizer
From Picky Stich
Turn a shoe organizer into an outdoor camping kitchen organizer that can be hung above the ground. Fill the pockets with eating and cooking utensils, and various food prep supplies.
14. LINE YOUR Camping Tent Camping with Foam Floor Tiles.
From Homestead Survival
Before you throw out those big foam puzzles, check out how you can use them to make a comfortable pad for walking and sleeping in your tent.
15. DIY Your Own Fire Starters.
From Over the Big Moon
Who would have thought that dryer lint, empty toilet paper tubes, and a sheet or two of newspaper could result in the easiest DIY fire starters ever.
16. create a DIY Handwash Station.
From Do It and How
Having a handwashing station right at base camp will save your sanity. You can create your own using a water jug, 5 gallon bucket, bungee cord, soap dispenser and roll of paper towels.
17. DIY Marshmallow Roasting Sticks.
From Love Grows Wild
The only downside to roasting marshmallows is trying to figure out whose roasting sticks are whose, since they all look alike. DIY your own using dowel rods and metal skewers. Paint them fun patterns or colors for easy identification.
18. Store Briquette Fire StarterS in an egg carton.
From Sew Many Ways
A recycled cardboard egg carton makes for great briquette storage and an equally easy fire starter.
19. Enjoy Campfire Cones.
From Kids Activities Blog
Anytime waffle cones are on the ingredient list, you can pretty much be assured the dessert will be a winner. This campfire treat is made by filling the cones with a variety of marshmallows, chocolate chips and fruit (bananas, strawberries, etc…) and roasting the cones in tinfoil over the fire until melted into a gooey goodness.
20. Cook Crescent Rolls over a Campfire.
Now you can enjoy warm rolls hot out of the campfire. These are so easy to make by wrapping store bought dough around roasting sticks.
21. make the ultimate Campfire French Toast.
From This Lil Piglet
Breakfast while camping just got amazing. Using a premade French toast egg mixture, dip a loaf of bread and cook in foil over the campfire for something delicious.
22. Cook Quesadillas over the Campfire.
From Dirty Gourmet
Throw in a grate and foil the next time you go camping and cook up some campfire quesadillas that will have little campers begging for more. Just load up a quesadilla with your favorite cheese and fixins’, roll up like a burrito inside foil and cook over the fire on the grate.
23. Turn Pill BottleS into Mini First Aid Kits
From Chasing Green
Upcycle large pill bottles and transform them into a small first aid kit. Fill them with a few basics like alcohol pads, Band-Aids, antibiotic ointment, and cotton balls.
make camping more fun with these products:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Inflatable Kids’ Pool
- 2 Person Tent
- Hershey’s S’mores Kit
- Dean Jacob’s S’mores Puff Pop Kit
- Biodegradable Wooden Marshmallow Sticks
- Portable Outdoor LED Lantern
- Mini Handheld Portable Fan
- USB Solar Charger
- Single and Double Camping Hammocks
- Portable Camping Lantern with Ceiling Fan
- Outdoor Survival Paracord Bracelet
- Night Vision Goggles