December 6, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These easy crescent cinnamon rolls are a brilliant idea. Take store-bought flaky crescent dough, spread with a rich cinnamon and brown sugar spread, and bake; in less than half an hour, you’ll have a soft gooey cinnamon pastry for the whole family to enjoy.
CRESCENT ROLL CINNAMON ROLLS INGREDIENTS
For the Crescent Rolls
- 1 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons of butter, softened
- ¼ cup of packed light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoons of ground cinnamon
For the Glaze
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
EXTRAS: You could sprinkle chocolate chips, chopped nuts or dried fruit before rolling up the pastry for a surprise when you bite into these pastries.
TOPPING: Drizzle with caramel or chocolate sauce or dust with powdered sugar for an extra sweet confection.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CRESCENT ROLL CINNAMON ROLLS RECIPE
STEP ONE: Unroll the crescent dough sheet and lay them out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Don’t skip the parchment paper. It is normal for a bit of the butter filling to leak out, and you don’t want a mess to clean up on your pan.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, add the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix together using a spoon until combined. Evenly spread the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the crescent rolls dough.
Make sure your butter is softened, not melted, for this step.
STEP THREE: Gently roll up the crescent rolls starting with the long side, and place the tip side down on the cookie sheet. Place rolls in the oven preheated to 375°F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Keep a close eye when you are getting close to the bake time, as they can go quickly from golden brown to overcooked.
STEP FOUR: In a separate small mixing bowl, add the melted butter, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix with a spoon until smooth and no lumps remain.
STEP FIVE: Place the glaze in a ziplock bag and seal it shut. Cut a small piece off of one corner of the bag and drizzle glaze over the top of the freshly baked crescent rolls.
HOW TO SERVE
Serve these cinnamon sugar crescent rolls alongside our apple pie bites and cherry danish for a special occasion breakfast or an afternoon snack. Add a cup of coffee, tea, or latte and enjoy the warm rolls.
MORE CINNAMON ROLL RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: Store these cinnamon rolls made with crescent rolls in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. Since the icing was made with milk, we don’t recommend storing them on the counter.
IN THE FREEZER: Wrap each cinnamon roll individually in foil and freeze for up to 2 months. It is best to freeze the rolls before icing and then add the icing when ready to serve.
REHEATING: Reheat this delicious breakfast treat in the oven at 375°F until warm for best results.
Cinnamon rolls are a staple in my home for a fun breakfast recipe on extra special occasions. Holiday mornings such as Christmas morning and Easter morning always find these delectable pastries on our table. I love how unbelievably easy it is to make these crescent roll cinnamon rolls with only a handful of simple ingredients and how delicious they are with their warm melted cinnamon filling and sweet glaze.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can prepare these easy cinnamon rolls the night before and store them covered tightly in plastic wrap in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
These delicious cinnamon rolls will last for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
You can freeze the cinnamon rolls before icing. Allow them to cool to room temperature and freeze. This yummy treat will last in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw and add the glaze when you are ready to serve.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake
- Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes
- Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Cheese Danish
- Caramel Banana Cake Roll
- Breakfast Crescent Rings
- Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Cookies and Cream Cinnamon Rolls
Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Unroll the crescent rolls and lay them out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix together using a spoon until combined. Evenly spread the cinnamon butter mixture over the crescent rolls.
- Gently roll up the crescent rolls and place the tip side down on the cookie sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, add the butter, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix with a spoon until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Place glaze in a ziplock bag and seal shut. Cut a small piece off of one corner of the bag and drizzle the glaze over the top of the freshly baked crescent rolls.