October 27, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This crock pot cinnamon roll casserole is the answer when you are craving cinnamon rolls for breakfast or even brunch but don’t have time to create them from scratch. By making this casserole, you can have all the gooey flavor of a cinnamon roll in a simple make-ahead and delicious recipe.
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole Ingredients
This casserole is a delectable dessert that combines the comforting flavors of cinnamon rolls, rich brown sugar syrup, and a creamy cream cheese frosting drizzle.
The cinnamon rolls bring a warm, cinnamon-infused sweetness, while the brown sugar adds a caramelized richness, creating a gooey and custard-like texture.
The cream cheese frosting provides a creamy, tangy finish that complements the overall sweetness, resulting in a delightful dessert experience.
- 2 (5-count) tubes of Grands Cinnabon cinnamon rolls, cut into quarters
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- cream cheese frosting from the cinnamon roll package
Substitutions And Additions
APPLE: To make these cinnamon rolls even tastier, you can add apples or even apple pie filling.
Add a layer of apples on the cinnamon roll or scatter them randomly in the mixture.
BROWN SUGAR AND BANANA: For extra goodness, before you add the frosting, add sliced bananas and a little brown sugar.
Then, add the frosting for even more flavor in this tasty breakfast.
MAPLE SYRUP: Add an extra sweet twist with two tablespoons of maple syrup mixed into the egg mixture.
How To Make This Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
You’re off to a good start with store-bought cinnamon rolls. All you need to do is layer them in the crock pot and top with the egg mixture before leaving them to cook.
You can even make these crock pot cinnamon rolls an overnight recipe if you have a timer on your slow cooker. Simply schedule it to start around three hours before breakfast would be served and you will have a gorgeous smell to wake up to first thing in the morning!
STEP ONE: Spray the inside of a 6-quart crockpot with non-stick spray.
You can also buy a disposable crock pot liner to make clean up easier. We’d still recommend spraying with cooking spray before adding your ingredients.
STEP TWO: Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters and place them evenly in the bottom of your slow cooker.
STEP THREE: In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together until well combined.
STEP FOUR: Pour egg mixture evenly over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
STEP FIVE: Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low heat for three hours.
The cinnamon rolls should be golden brown along the edges of the casserole and no longer gooey in the middle.
Put a paper towel under the lid of the slow cooker. It helps with the condensation drips.
STEP SIX: Once done, spoon the icing over the top of the casserole.
How To Serve
Wake up Christmas morning (or any other morning) to the heavenly smell of this delicious breakfast casserole.
Got the urge to try more cinnamon recipes? Cinnamon roll cookies are another twist on the classic dish and create perfect lunchbox cookies.
Or try a fall classic with apple cinnamon granola for breakfast.
You might be wondering how to store any leftovers or prepare this ahead of time for a stress-free breakfast. Let’s break it down.
MAKE AHEAD: The great news is that you can indeed prepare parts of this recipe ahead of time.
You can assemble the casserole the night before, covering it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook it in the slow cooker.
This makes it perfect for hassle-free mornings or brunch gatherings.
Just be sure to let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking to ensure even baking.
IN THE FRIDGE: Make sure the slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole is cooled, then you can store it in the fridge for up to five days.
Pop it in an airtight container and reheat it in the oven to serve.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this delicious treat before you add the packet of icing. Leave it to cool, then pop it in an airtight container.
Freeze for up to three months, then defrost to serve. Heat up in the oven and add the frosting.
REHEATING: When it’s time to enjoy your casserole again, there are a few reheating options.
You can pop individual servings in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until heated through.
Alternatively, you can reheat larger portions in the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), cover the casserole with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning, and heat for about 20-25 minutes or until warmed to your liking.
Remember to keep an eye on it to avoid overcooking.
Why We Love This Recipe
EFFORTLESS PREPARATION: This recipe simplifies the process of making a cinnamon roll casserole by using a slow cooker, requiring minimal hands-on time.
IRRESISTIBLE CINNAMON FLAVOR: The casserole is bursting with the warm and comforting flavor of cinnamon, reminiscent of classic cinnamon rolls.
PERFECT FOR A CROWD: Whether you’re hosting brunch for family and friends or need to feed a hungry household, this recipe is designed to serve a group.
This crock pot cinnamon roll casserole is the perfect breakfast solution or great to serve for brunch. With the cream cheese frosting, it has the right amount of sweetness to balance the warmth of the cinnamon (try our yummy crescent roll cinnamon rolls, too!).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you have a crockpot with a timer, this would be the perfect way to make your morning even easier. Assemble all the ingredients in your crockpot, set your timer, and you are good to go!
This easy recipe can be frozen, but we would recommend leaving the icing off until you are ready to thaw and serve.
You can also use regular cinnamon rolls for this recipe if you can’t find the Grands. We’d advise adding one more can to make up for the difference in size between the regular and Grands rolls.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Crockpot Applesauce
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Cool Whip Frosting
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 2 tubes Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, cut into quarters (two 5-count tubes)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- cream cheese frosting, from the cinnamon roll package
- Spray the inside of a 6-quart crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place cinnamon roll quarters evenly in the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 3 hours. Cinnamon rolls should be golden brown along the edges and no longer gooey in the middle.
- Once done, spoon the icing over the top of the cinnamon rolls.
- If you have a timer on your slow cooker. Simply schedule it to start around three hours before breakfast would be served, and you will have a gorgeous smell to wake up to first thing in the morning!
- You can also buy a disposable crockpot liner to make cleaning up easier. We’d still recommend spraying with cooking spray.
- Put a paper towel under the lid of the slow cooker. It helps with the condensation drips.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
Cinnamon Roll Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Donuts
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes Recipe
- Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Cookies and Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls