Salmon Foil Packets with Summer Vegetables
Hi! Rachael from Eazy Peazy Mealz again and today I have the best salmon ever! Okay, maybe not ever, but it is so good, and so easy to make.
- Bake up some comfort food with this Classic Goulash with Bacon.
- Savor every minute of summer with these 12 Summer Barbecue Ideas.
When it comes to salmon, the simpler the better. I have found that when I cook it with just a few simple seasonings and veggies, the whole family goes crazy for it. And this recipe is no exception. I don’t season with anything besides salt and pepper, and I make sure I choose a really good quality piece of salmon to start with.
I went with a really richly colored, dark orange Sockeye Salmon. There are lots of different types of salmon, and they come in many different shades of color. Just go with the freshest you can find, and something that is nice and firm.
One of my favorite parts of summer is all the fresh produce. Where I live, a lot of people grow kitchen gardens. This means that come summer, zucchini is plentiful and everyone is trying to pawn it off on you! I never say no. I love zucchini quick bread, or anything with zoodles, like this zoodle shrimp scampi, but combine it with salmon and I am happy camper.
And speaking of camping, this foil packet is great in the oven or cooked on a grill. Grills are notoriously inconsistent in heat, so the way to cook over the grill is to cook until it flakes easily with a fork. That is how you will know it is done. If you start to see that white “stuff”, don’t worry, that is just the protein. It turns white when it cooks.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It is simple but delicious.
- 4-6 ounce pieces of salmon
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop zucchini and yellow squash into small pieces.
- Put foil out and layer with rounds of zucchini and yellow squash, season with salt and pepper.
- Lay salmon on top of veggies, and season the salmon.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of salmon, and sprinkle with minced garlic.
- Wrap foil around it all to form a pouch (this will help the veggies steam while the salmon cooks).
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn on broiler, and broil 2-3 minutes.
- Season with fresh parsley.
- Optional: Cook on a grill heated to 450 degrees, for 15 minutes.
Cook up some tasty summer dishes with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
For more summer party recipes, check out these great ideas…
Plus, don’t miss this Balsamic Grilled Chicken in a Foil Packet recipe…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week