Klondike Ice Box Cake
Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
We just got back from California. It was great. I love my everyday life but after being in vaca mindset, it’s been tough to wrap my mind around regular routines.
Time seems to take on a different dimension when you’re on vacation. Ever noticed that?
While we were away from home, things seemed more relaxed and slower paced, just like you’d wish. And yet…the vacation days whizzed past much quicker than I hoped for.
I liked being able to simply focus on my kids without thinking there were ten other things I needed to get done.
I really enjoyed having uninterrupted conversations with my husband.
I relished the relaxed moments when I could simply be without thinking I should do.
Sometimes it feels like all of life just needs to slow down. My boys are still little but some days looking at them is like seeing time-lapse photography; they are growing up so quickly!
While I was on vacation I realized I want to stop and really see them in everyday’s moments. Even while planning for the future, I resolved to slow down, cut back on extraneous commitments and appreciate my now even more.
Doesn’t that sound grand? Now that we’re home, I have to figure out how to make it happen!
In the meantime, my husband and I are enjoying simple family time with our boys.
On my most recent run to Target, we stopped at the Target Ice Cream Truck—and debated over Popsicles, Magnum or Klondike bars. I picked up Klondike Ice Cream Bars and came home to make an easy treat for our family time: S’mores Icebox Cake. It’s a really quick fix.
Even though we’re cutting way back on sugar, it is still summer and you’ve just got to indulge in cool treats every once in a while!
- 10 Original Klondike Bars
- 2 jars marshmallow fluff
- 2 ½ cups whipping cream
- 2 T vanilla
- 1 sleeve honey graham crackers
- Caramel Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Hard shell
- In a bowl of stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, pour in whipping cream and vanilla. Turn on high and whip until whipping cream thickens and soft peaks have formed. Add marshmallow fluff and continue whipping until stiff peaks have formed.
- Unwrap Klondike Bars and line the bottom of an 8x13 pan. I cut two in half to fit in along one side.
- Spread the marshmallow whipped cream over the top of the bars, making sure to fill in any gaps between the bars.
- Crush up graham crackers by hand and spread over the top. Press the cracker gently into the whipped cream.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours. Cut and serve with toppings or as is.
Summer is winding down. Grab some #FamilyFreezeTime for yourself by stopping at the Target Ice Cream Truck and choosing some of the Unilever Ice Cream treats. Even sweeter? Right now they have a buy 3, get 1 free in-store offer.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week