May 17, 2023Review Post
Star Wars Pretzel Light Sabers
Table of Contents
Are your kids totally pumped for Star Wars? These pretzel light sabers are fun snacks kids can help make and would be perfect for a Star Wars-themed birthday party!
- Help your dessert table stand out with these Storm Trooper Cupcakes
- Get inspired with these Star Wars birthday party ideas
These cute party snacks come together really quickly and make such a statement. They’re fun on their own or would make a great topper for a Star Wars cupcake. Beyond being super cute, they’re that perfect combination of salty and sweet that just gets me every time.
If you’re a real party mama, you probably have all of these ingredients hoarded in your baking cupboard:
- Candy melts – white and two lightsaber colors (red, blue, green)
- M&M minis in matching lightsaber colors
- Silver candy spray
- Large pretzel sticks
How To Make Pretzel Light Sabers
This is such an easy party snack that even a 4-year-old can help make them from start to finish!
1. First, melt your white candy melts. Some brands are good for melting smoothly on their own, and some you have to add a teaspoon of shortening in order to get a smooth texture. (A microwave takes 30 seconds to zap a mug full of candy melts.)
2. Stir the melts thoroughly to remove clumps, and then dip one side of the pretzels. You want to dip the “handle” (about ¼ of the pretzel) in a white candy coating. Let dry.
3. Using your silver spray, cover the white candy coating with an even coat.
4. Once the silver coating is dry, zap the colored candy melts and dip the remaining ¾ of the pretzel sticks. Use a candy stick or chopstick to add a dab of the candy melts to the handle and attach the M&M minis.
And, you’re done- ENJOY!
Be sure to check out more birthday party ideas here:
- Super Mario Party Ideas
- Beach Bash First Birthday
- Minecraft Party Ideas
- A Super Mario Party
- A Well-Built Minecraft Birthday Party
- 21 Top Pokemon Go Party Ideas
- Shark Themed Beach Bash
- Luau Party Ideas
Plus, check out Star Wars Party Ideas You’ll Love