Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
An easy homemade dessert you’ll love, this lemon poke cake recipe doesn’t disappoint. I’m a huge fan of old-fashioned recipes, the kind that gets passed down from grandma like this sweet treat. And this poke cake fits the bill. It’s absolutely the best and oh so yummy.
Ingredients for Lemon Poke Cake
You will need:
- yellow cake mix
- lemon pudding
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
How to Make this Lemon Poke Cake recipe
STEP ONE: Pour the cake and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
STEP TWO: Add the water, oil, and eggs then mix until it’s just combined.
STEP THREE: Pour the cake batter into the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
STEP FOUR: When the cake is finished baking, remove from the oven and let is cool slightly.
STEP FIVE: Poke 12 holes in the cake using the handle of a large, round spoon.
STEP SIX: Mix the lemon pudding, milk, and powdered sugar. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
STEP SEVEN: Pour half of the pudding mix over the top of the cake, making sure it sinks into all of the holes.
STEP EIGHT: Continue mixing the remaining pudding until it thickens completely and then spread over the top of the cake.
STEP NINE: Place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours until completely set and chilled.
IN THE FRIDGE: Tightly cover the cake then place in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: This cake freezes well. Wrap cake tightly with plastic wrap before freezing.
This easy poke cake takes only 10 minutes to prep and it bakes in half an hour, making it a great option for last-minute gatherings. Plus, it’s so simple, you could easily enlist little helpers. Even though it doesn’t take long to make, it offers a big, bold, incredible lemon flavor you’ll really enjoy.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Lemon Poke Cake
- 1 box Great Value yellow cake mix
- 3.4 oz box Great Value Lemon Pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Great Value vegetable oil
- 3 Great Value eggs
- 2 3.4-ounce boxes lemon pudding
- 4 cups Great Value milk
- 4 cups Great Value powdered sugar
- Pour the cake and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add water, oil, and eggs. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into a cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When the cake is finished, remove it from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Poke 12 holes in the cake using the handle of a large round spoon.
- Mix the lemon pudding, milk, and powdered sugar. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour half of the pudding over the top of the cake, making sure it sinks into all of the holes.
- Mix the remaining pudding until it thickens completely then spread over the top of the cake.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours until completely set and chilled.