Last updated on
Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My
Lazy Cooking Bundle
What’s the best way to celebrate the birthday of your little book lover? With a book worm themed party, of course!
Angela, of Taffie Wishes, celebrated her son’s fourth birthday — and love of learning — with book-related items and party decorations that were full of fun school themed ideas.
Each of the supplies were bold and bright in primary colors. Black and white accents made them really pop.
- Find your next favorite book series with the 20 Best Loved Children’s Book Characters.
We’ve featured Angela’s parties on this blog before – including her sons’ hot air balloon party and cowboy birthday party and they are both a wonderful blend of style plus great DIY projects.
This party is no different.
The party room was set up like a children’s library, and each guest was asked to bring their very favorite book to share during story time.
Everything was decorated with the most adorable bookworm in an apple. The kids were given fake glasses and bow-ties to wear, which I know my son would have loved as he’s in the dressing-up stage right now.
[If you want an easy DIY bow-tie, click here.]
The food was a variety of healthy finger sized snacks—meats, cheese, fruits and veggies—all in color-coordinated paper bowls.
Instead of cake or cupcakes, Angela served up dirt cake with worms (gummy, obviously) to pull the whole theme together. This party was fun, simple and just about perfect.
Angela also incorporated the learning theme into the décor, activities and party favors.
She bought a traditional composition book for each child and they got to write and draw their own stories, which were sent home in a personalized book bag!
Wouldn’t this be fabulous back to school party as well?
Help them find a new favorite book with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Llama Llama Sand and Sun
- On My Beach Felt Finger Puppet Board Books
- Splish, Splash, Baby! Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Books
- Can You Say It, Too? Arf! Arf!
- Hide and Seek Harry at the Beach
- Mix It Up!
- A Perfectly Messed-Up Story
- Stick and Stone
- Mr. Tiger Goes Wild (Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards (Awards))
- The Day the Crayons Quit
- Pete the Cat’s Groovy Guide to Life
- The 39-Story Treehouse (The Treehouse Books)
- The Notebook of Doom #6: Pop of the Bumpy Mummy (A Branches Book)
- My Weirdest School #1: Mr. Cooper Is Super!
- The Chicken Squad: The First Misadventure
- Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures
- Counting by 7s
- Timmy Failure: Now Look What You’ve Done
- The Tapper Twins Go to War (With Each Other)
- The Year of Billy Miller
Be sure to check out more parties inspired by their favorite books.
- A Boy’s Very Hungry Caterpillar 2nd Birthday
- Go, Dog, Go! Book-Themed Boy’s Birthday Party
- If you Give a Dog a Donut Puppy Birthday Party