Ritz Cracker Toffee
I feel the need to warn you before I share this recipe that this Ritz Cracker Toffee aka Christmas Crack is completely addictive.
- Keep warm this winter with these Hot Chocolate and Peanut Butter Balls.
- Kids will love helping to make these Easy Gingerbread Snowman Sugar Cookies.
You may want to plan to have guests over so that when the entire batch disappears in less than 24 hours, at least you can share the blame!
You probably already have everything you need to make this amazing, crunchy, chocolate-y, sweet confection.
With only 4 ingredients and 20 minutes you can create possibly the most delicious treat to ever leave your kitchen.
For me, I had to add on that optional fifth ingredient of good-quality sea salt because I love that contrast of salty-sweet, but feel free to leave that off if that’s not your thing.
There you have it! A super simple dessert or party food recipe that will be completely demolished in a day!
(Seriously, you get major points if this Ritz Cracker Toffee lasts more than a couple days in your house.)
- Box of Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Start out by lining your baking tray with parchment because this is going to get sticky!
- Place your Ritz crackers in an even layer along the bottom of the pan. When I had a bit of a gap,
- I just broke a cracker in half and fit it in.
- Next, place your butter and brown sugar in a pot and heat until completely melted.
- Boil for 2-4 minutes until it looks like the picture above and resist the urge to stir it – that can
- actually ruin your caramel. (Just trust me on this one – I know you’re going to want to stir it!)
- Immediately pour your homemade caramel over top of the Ritz crackers.
- Use an offset spatula (the kind you use for icing cakes) to spread that gooey caramel evenly across the crackers.
- Pop the tray of crackers into the oven for 5 minutes to help thicken and set the caramel.
- Carefully remove the crackers after 5 minutes and place on a heat-proof surface for the next step.
- Next, sprinkle your chocolate chips in an even layer on top of your caramelized-crackers.
- Pop the tray back in the oven to help the chocolate chips melt a bit.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the tray and immediately spread the chocolate chips with the offset spatula. The chocolate chips may not melt completely but you don’t want to risk burning the chocolate and ruining the whole pan.
- Optionally, garnish half the tray with a generous pinch of sea salt and once the pan has cooled enough, place it in the fridge to finish setting.
- The toffee will get hard enough so you can “crack” it up or slice through it with a sharp kitchen knife.
Serve up a warm treat this holiday season with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great party food ideas perfect for the holidays…
- 29 Candy Cane and Peppermint Recipes
- 29 Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas
- 23 Gingerbread and Gingersnap Recipes
You do not want to miss 23 Caramel Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week