Mocha Poke Cake
This Mocha Poke Cake is rich, moist, chocolate, and topped with a whipped coffee frosting. For every family birthday, if the goods aren’t ordered from our favorite bakery, then they’re made by me. I like to personalize everyone’s cake or cupcakes to be something they’ll love. Last year I made my mom these Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cupcakes and I made my brother this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake, which everyone fought over. My dad is a huge chocolate and coffee guy and I wanted to make something that was easy and delicious! This Mocha Poke Cake was just the thing!
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this Green Velvet Shamrock Cake.
- This Planes Birthday Cake is perfect for your next airplane themed party.
I love poke cakes! this Sea Salt Caramel Carrot Poke Cake was one of my most popular recipes last year! I think that’s a good indication that everyone loves a good poke cake. Poke cakes are so easy to whip up, you just bake it up in a 9 x 13 dish, poke some holes in it and pour hot fudge or sweetened condensed milk all over, and then finish her off with a luscious whipped frosting. Top it off with extra drizzle and you’ve got what is probably the easiest and most delicious cake ever! Not bad, eh?
Get ready to bake with these great baking essentials gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack, 15 7/page/8″ X 9 7/page/8″
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set, 16 5/page/8 x 11
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish, 3/4, 11/2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 Qt
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans – Bakeware Set – Sheet, Pans, Baking Supplies, Cups
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan, Set of 3
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula, 13-Inch, Black
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Don’t miss more great dessert ideas that everyone will love.
Plus, check out 21 Genius Cupcake Recipes That you Need to Try…
Mocha Poke Cake
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3.9 oz. Package Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 tbsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Hot Fudge or Chocolate Syrup
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1/3 cup Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix Powder (dry)
- 1 tbsp Coffee Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9 x 13 x 2 in baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl or stand mixer until fully combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Pour batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool in pan.
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes in the cake, and pour hot fudge or chocolate syrup evenly over the cake.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread frosting out over the top of the cake and drizzle with additional chocolate syrup.
- Calories: 9400
- Sugar: 583
- Sodium: 7451
- Fat: 597
- Saturated Fat: 232
- Unsaturated Fat: 327
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 941
- Protein: 111
- Cholesterol: 1586